Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Colorado

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. I think I'm going to proceed with a minibog planter with N.A. sundews, VFT, and Sars this spring. Hopefully I'll be able to overwinter them in my garage or basement if they survive their first growing season under my care . Once I get things set up in late April, I'll post some pics here.

Duane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome spedskr, Cp's are very addictive as Im sure your learning. This is a great forum I just joined last week and have already learned a lot. Look forward to seeing your pics.
    My Growlist

My Webpage with photos I took On Mt Kinabalu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and I hope to see you around.

-Jeremiah-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it particularly amusing that you already have a hobby and find this one interesting, I think cp's are cooler.
    nepenthes ventricosa is a good nepenthes to start with and so is N. sanguinea andy sales that
    and drosera capensis is harder to kill than grow Andy sells that also.
    sarracenia catesbei is a great and beautiful sarracenia andy sells that too.
    they like clean water RO or distilled rainwater will also work and a 50/50 mix of peat moss and perlite works for about 80% of all carnivorous plants.
    fertilizer will burn cp's roots its a slow and painful death so don't fertilize.
    some peopla may quote me and say i fertilize all my plants but heck don't use just any fertilizer.
    fertilizing can be done but its unnecessary the plants will grow fine without it.
    you most commonly hear of people fertilizing nepenthes.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I find it particularly amusing that you already have a hobby and find this one interesting"

I actually have a couple of degrees in biology, so it is always easy for me to get hooked on a new pastime involving plants or animals .

Thanks again everyone for all the welcomes and tips. Hopefully I'll have a grasp on things before it's time to plant in a couple of months.

Duane

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D_muscipula View Post
    fertilizer will burn cp's roots its a slow and painful death so don't fertilize.
    some peopla may quote me and say i fertilize all my plants but heck don't use just any fertilizer.

I fertilize all my plants.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While some CPers do fertilize their carnivorous plants, it's not something that is recommended for a beginner to try until they have some experience growing CPs as well as a couple extra plants to experiment on that they won't mind losing if they screw up.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a whole thing of miracle gro but I don't think I'd ever use it on my CPs. Maybe if it's almost completely brown? Like I got some tiny tokaeinsis. Wonder if it'd help them since they are gonig brown. Probably melt their roots lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast