Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wrote this last night, but it disappeared on me, so now I try again.

Job, installment two. Let me know when you get sick of it, lol, but it is kind of interesting.

Two days after they passed me for sgt. I was attacked for the first time (I did not complain about not getting the position, after all it was my first try at it) At this time my sgt was an officer that had a shaky past history with the department, but that never held him back. When he was a drug detective he used department money to rent an apartment to make drug buys, but instead he used the apartment to get drunk on duty. I got this from other drug officers that were their on several occasion when this type of activities occurred. He also had and extra marital affair with a confidential informant at this time ( in the apartment) He blamed the area drug agents for leading him astray, so we did not have a drug agent for five years(due to the bad drug agents in the area ) He was placed back on patrol where he was called to a domestic in which the wife was found on the floor, bleeding. In front of the SASA agent he told the woman that she probably deserved it.

This was my sgt at the time. He was the types of guy that was nice to you while stabbing you int he back. I had been on my way to instruct at the seminar out of town when a deer crossed my path. My patrol unit was the oldest we had and broke down all of the time. To avoid the deer I ended up catching the ditch and being pulled down. I just traveled down the ditch and then back to the road. I checked the unit and for that a tyrod (sp?)as damaged. I continued to the seminar and taught. I realized that I had left my cell phone and made the decision to careful drive the unit home. I made it fine, but with 20/20 hind site I should have checked around to see if I could have found a cell phone to use so that I could have called the sgt and ask permission to drive the unit home. Anyway, as I closed in on I radioed the Sgt. and told him that he had to look at my patrol unit. He replied that he was eating and would not going to look at it until later. He told me to park the patrol unit and use another.

Upon arrival I parked my unit and got another. I was immediately dispatched to assist another officer. The officer and meet me at the station. I told him what had happened to my patrol unit, deer and all. We took care of the call and the officer that I assisted went right to the sgt. and told him what had happened. The sgt then waited two hours before calling me in. I met him at my patrol unit and asked what had happened. I told him what had happened and admitted to being at fault for any damage. He then told me to go to the state patrol office and make a report. I asked him why because it was not an accident, there was no impact just parts failure. He repeated that I was to go and make a report. I went. The state trooper asked me why I was making a report when the incident was not an accident. I explained that my sgt had demanded one. He wrote up the report, went out to the location and confirmed my story -- deer tracks, and two deer had been struck with in five miles of the area and 10 minutes of the incident time.

I came into work the next morning and was called to the conference room. I found the sgt and the chief waiting for me there. It was explained to me that the Sgt. was accusing me of being a liar and in dereliction of my duty. He wanted me terminated (fired that is). I asked what he was talking about. First he claimed that I left the scene of an accident. The "accident" was explained to the chief and he agree that there was no accident. This was the only thing that has gone my way.

Next the sgt. accused of not reporting the accident until 3 hours after I arrived back at town. I stated that I had radioed in immediately and told him that he needed to look at the patrol unit and that there was a problem. He stated that he was busy on a call and that he had assumed that the patrol unit had just broken down again. He assumed so I was a liar. I told the chief that the conversation on the radio was recorded (they all are) and that it could be listened to. This topic was dropped.

The Sgt. then accused me of lying on the accident report. I said, "what!"

BRB
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sgt. stated that I had lied about not having my cell-phone because he saw me carrying it when he spoke with me three hours after I had returned to tow. I told him that I had gone home to get my phone as soon as I could because I needed it for work. I told them to call my husband since he knew that I had left my phone home. He had tried to call me and realized that I had left it when he heard it ringing in the house. They did not call my husband.

The sgt. then stated that I had lied about the deer and that I had said nothing about a deer until I spoken with the trooper. I stated that I had told him about the deer and he stated that I was lying. I then told them to call the officer, and his ride along, that I had spoken to when I first arrived back and ask them if I had mentioned the deer. They were not called. Instead I was told that I was lucky because the sgt. was to be believed above me, but since he had no proof (although I did, but they refused to follow up on it) they could not punish me, but I better straighten up. I should mention that a couple of days prior to the sgt exam I was congratulated for my stunning performance of the past year, now I was obviously dirt and had gone bad

It also should be noted that at this time my son's health was getting very bad and he had suffered his first heart attack. They knew about this.

next installment in a couple of days. I have to get caught up on everything! Thank you for the kind offers of material.

Dee Dee, I WANT TO BE HUNTER! He had a great hand gun!
    Last edited by Copper; 02-22-2008 at 07:44 PM. Reason: reply for Jim
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In an odd way, a recent repeat episode of Hunter had Hunter's supervisor looking for ways to get rid of him, assigning an idiot to him as partner while McCall took a few "sick days" off to pursue her old partner who truly did go bad. But that's Hollywood and not real life.

Do you have any real recourse or can this guy railroad you?

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back Rose.. its great to see you again.

I still have quite a few of the plants you gave me to get me started with back in the day. PM me your current growlist and I will see what I can work out for you.

Cheers
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto Steve! I'm sure the cp's are taking a backseat to bigger issues, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They took a back seat for two years. I am getting back to things that I enjoy and a new career. I have only begun to tell you all that they did, it gets much better. Many criminal lawyers wanted me to sue, but they would not help because they have to work with the department. I contacted a very good civil lawyer you stated that this was the worse case of discrimination he had seen, but explained the laws made to protect the government. It is extremely difficult to get past these laws. They do not protect the private sector, only government. I spoke with my union Lawyer and she wants to sue them, but it only gets me my job back. I DO NOT want to work for these people anymore. I am not the first person this happened to. I have done a lot of investigating and found out a lot of ugly truths.

I will continue the saga about the lost job if you would like to get it all. I have been asked to write about since it is so incredible, and my ex-bosses are not as smart as they think they are (or me, lol).

Nope, it was best to let this one go. They are taking over everywhere, even the our patrol Officer Union heads are the chief's men. Very sad. I am debating about doing reserves somewhere so that I do not lose my hard earned certification, but the chief continued his attacks on me, without my knowledge, after I had retired. He has tired to make it impossible for me to return to law enforcement, but I have a habit of keeping evidence.

I need as much help as is available. I had to give all my plants away when my son was at the height of his illness. I have some seed, but the only plants I have are a typical vft, a sarra purp, and an adalae. I see we no longer have messaging in the forum. Is the email option still available? My email is rwittpd@charter.net

I like the new emotes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep, writing, Rose. so long as it helps you sort through things. I wa going to suggest Internal Affairs, but I don't know if they are a safe option. Just sent you an Email.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any TV station that does news on that sort of thing? We have a couple that love to investigate county and city employees goofing off on the job or spending government money on personal items.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast