What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally back

Hello,

I believe that things might have improved enough that I can ow return to my favorite hobby. My son has had radiation treatments and has improved although we have found that neuro problems do exist.

During my time gone I am no longer a copper, but will remain copper. The Chief had apparently wanted a female officer to test for Sgt a couple of years ago and told me that I best have a very good reason not to test or I best test. I told him I would test, but that would mean that I would do my best to get the job. He kind of laughed and said that was what he would expect. Well, he must not have been thinking right and forgot entirely the scores I put forth in my civil exams as I blew the rest of the testers out of the water. I was passed over for two sgt position and went in to ask why. This was the reason given - There was a rumor going around that I, or the officer that I was first passed over for, had stated that we had wanted one of the female officers fired. I then spoke with the female officer. She told me that another officer had told her that Eley or I had made this statement at a meeting that the chief was present at. I returned to the chief and told him what I had found out (my mistake and the beginning of attacks against me). The chief stated that he had been at the meeting and no such thing had been said. I stated that I knew that and it was a lie. Now remember that the other accused officer was promoted over me. The chief then told me that it did not matter that it was a lie because some of the officer may believe it and so I could not possible be promoted --- because someone lied about me I was dirt. Ok, I decided not to fight and said nothing further on the matter (except to my poor spouse) That is the first installment of my work saga, it goes on for two years of personal attacks. Next installment in a few days.

Well, I need to get back to this. My stress level (with my son's health and work issues) has been out of this world and I have not been truly happy without my plants. That my sound ridiculous, but caring for plants was my stress relief. I hope that many remember me and I also hope that I can get some seed aid in build my collection back up.

I am so glad to be back!

Copper aka Rose

welcome back!! i remember only seeing you around at the time of the NASC auction!

Alex

...WOW! Good news about your son! Bad news about your job. That's really confusing.

I can't give you seed, but I can give you a few miscellaneous plants if you want. PM me.

Welcome back Copper. I'm sorry your work passed you over despite your qualifications and great test scores. I would also like to hasten your return to our carnivorous plant hobby/world. Pm me and I'll hook you up with some seeds and plants. Take care.

Chris

Glad you're back Copper! Sorry to hear about your job stress. Been there and it ain't fun by any stretch. Hope your son continues to improve.

Welcome back Rose. It's good to see you again! I'm glad your son is doing better, better is always good. I'm sorry about your job situation though, that sucks. Sometimes there is no winning :(
Andrew

I'm glad your back with us. Working around knuckleheads is no fun and no one should have to tolerate it but then again gotta pay the bills and have insurance !! Surely you can get hooked up with a few things to get the CP ball rolling !:grin:

I am so sorry that you have had to be put through these experiences. What now?

As a sidenote, I am reminded of you whenever I catch an episode of Hunter, which our local RTN station plays at midnight. Welcome back, DeeDee... I mean Rose!

I wrote this last night, but it disappeared on me, so now I try again.

Job, installment two. Let me know when you get sick of it, lol, but it is kind of interesting.

Two days after they passed me for sgt. I was attacked for the first time (I did not complain about not getting the position, after all it was my first try at it) At this time my sgt was an officer that had a shaky past history with the department, but that never held him back. When he was a drug detective he used department money to rent an apartment to make drug buys, but instead he used the apartment to get drunk on duty. I got this from other drug officers that were their on several occasion when this type of activities occurred. He also had and extra marital affair with a confidential informant at this time ( in the apartment) He blamed the area drug agents for leading him astray, so we did not have a drug agent for five years(due to the bad drug agents in the area :nono: ) He was placed back on patrol where he was called to a domestic in which the wife was found on the floor, bleeding. In front of the SASA agent he told the woman that she probably deserved it.

This was my sgt at the time. He was the types of guy that was nice to you while stabbing you int he back. I had been on my way to instruct at the seminar out of town when a deer crossed my path. My patrol unit was the oldest we had and broke down all of the time. To avoid the deer I ended up catching the ditch and being pulled down. I just traveled down the ditch and then back to the road. I checked the unit and for that a tyrod (sp?)as damaged. I continued to the seminar and taught. I realized that I had left my cell phone and made the decision to careful drive the unit home. I made it fine, but with 20/20 hind site I should have checked around to see if I could have found a cell phone to use so that I could have called the sgt and ask permission to drive the unit home. Anyway, as I closed in on I radioed the Sgt. and told him that he had to look at my patrol unit. He replied that he was eating and would not going to look at it until later. He told me to park the patrol unit and use another.

Upon arrival I parked my unit and got another. I was immediately dispatched to assist another officer. The officer and meet me at the station. I told him what had happened to my patrol unit, deer and all. We took care of the call and the officer that I assisted went right to the sgt. and told him what had happened. The sgt then waited two hours before calling me in. I met him at my patrol unit and asked what had happened. I told him what had happened and admitted to being at fault for any damage. He then told me to go to the state patrol office and make a report. I asked him why because it was not an accident, there was no impact just parts failure. He repeated that I was to go and make a report. I went. The state trooper asked me why I was making a report when the incident was not an accident. I explained that my sgt had demanded one. He wrote up the report, went out to the location and confirmed my story -- deer tracks, and two deer had been struck with in five miles of the area and 10 minutes of the incident time.

I came into work the next morning and was called to the conference room. I found the sgt and the chief waiting for me there. It was explained to me that the Sgt. was accusing me of being a liar and in dereliction of my duty. He wanted me terminated (fired that is). I asked what he was talking about. First he claimed that I left the scene of an accident. The "accident" was explained to the chief and he agree that there was no accident. This was the only thing that has gone my way.

Next the sgt. accused of not reporting the accident until 3 hours after I arrived back at town. I stated that I had radioed in immediately and told him that he needed to look at the patrol unit and that there was a problem. He stated that he was busy on a call and that he had assumed that the patrol unit had just broken down again. He assumed so I was a liar. I told the chief that the conversation on the radio was recorded (they all are) and that it could be listened to. This topic was dropped. :censor:

The Sgt. then accused me of lying on the accident report. I said, "what!"

BRB

The sgt. stated that I had lied about not having my cell-phone because he saw me carrying it when he spoke with me three hours after I had returned to tow. I told him that I had gone home to get my phone as soon as I could because I needed it for work. I told them to call my husband since he knew that I had left my phone home. He had tried to call me and realized that I had left it when he heard it ringing in the house. They did not call my husband.

The sgt. then stated that I had lied about the deer and that I had said nothing about a deer until I spoken with the trooper. I stated that I had told him about the deer and he stated that I was lying. I then told them to call the officer, and his ride along, that I had spoken to when I first arrived back and ask them if I had mentioned the deer. They were not called. Instead I was told that I was lucky because the sgt. was to be believed above me, but since he had no proof (although I did, but they refused to follow up on it) they could not punish me, but I better straighten up. I should mention that a couple of days prior to the sgt exam I was congratulated for my stunning performance of the past year, now I was obviously dirt and had gone bad ???

It also should be noted that at this time my son's health was getting very bad and he had suffered his first heart attack. They knew about this.

next installment in a couple of days. I have to get caught up on everything! Thank you for the kind offers of material.

Dee Dee, I WANT TO BE HUNTER! He had a great hand gun!

Last edited:
In an odd way, a recent repeat episode of Hunter had Hunter's supervisor looking for ways to get rid of him, assigning an idiot to him as partner while McCall took a few "sick days" off to pursue her old partner who truly did go bad. But that's Hollywood and not real life.

Do you have any real recourse or can this guy railroad you?

Welcome back Rose.. its great to see you again.

I still have quite a few of the plants you gave me to get me started with back in the day. PM me your current growlist and I will see what I can work out for you.

Cheers
Steve

Ditto Steve! I'm sure the cp's are taking a backseat to bigger issues, though.

They took a back seat for two years. I am getting back to things that I enjoy and a new career. I have only begun to tell you all that they did, it gets much better. Many criminal lawyers wanted me to sue, but they would not help because they have to work with the department. I contacted a very good civil lawyer you stated that this was the worse case of discrimination he had seen, but explained the laws made to protect the government. It is extremely difficult to get past these laws. They do not protect the private sector, only government. I spoke with my union Lawyer and she wants to sue them, but it only gets me my job back. I DO NOT want to work for these people anymore. I am not the first person this happened to. I have done a lot of investigating and found out a lot of ugly truths.

I will continue the saga about the lost job if you would like to get it all. I have been asked to write about since it is so incredible, and my ex-bosses are not as smart as they think they are (or me, lol).

Nope, it was best to let this one go. They are taking over everywhere, even the our patrol Officer Union heads are the chief's men. Very sad. I am debating about doing reserves somewhere so that I do not lose my hard earned certification, but the chief continued his attacks on me, without my knowledge, after I had retired. He has tired to make it impossible for me to return to law enforcement, but I have a habit of keeping evidence.

I need as much help as is available. I had to give all my plants away when my son was at the height of his illness. I have some seed, but the only plants I have are a typical vft, a sarra purp, and an adalae. I see we no longer have messaging in the forum. Is the email option still available? My email is rwittpd@charter.net :poke:

I like the new emotes.

Keep, writing, Rose. so long as it helps you sort through things. I wa going to suggest Internal Affairs, but I don't know if they are a safe option. Just sent you an Email.

Do you have any TV station that does news on that sort of thing? We have a couple that love to investigate county and city employees goofing off on the job or spending government money on personal items.

Sadly we do not. The TV stations are friendly with the police station, but this is getting to be a police station you better be nice to. They are getting rid of us that would blow the whistle on them. There are many law suits pending for excessive use of force because that is how they handle things now. One such suit is for shooting a very small, young lady with the taser. They shot her with a taser for running away from an area of a minor in possession party, just running. No one had seen her leave the party house and no one knew if she was even a minor. The dart caught her in the hand and tore out veins and nerves. It is a very small dart and I would say this is a one in a million injury, but they had no reason to use the taser. People are being injured and abused (verbally and otherwise), but not the influential, just the lower income brackets.

Hey Rose! Great to see you back! Wow, what a story you have to tell. Just crazy happenings over there, and forgive me, but it's making for a good read (it probably was hell to go through.) I think you made the right decision to get out and pursue something else. Anyway, let us know what you're looking for, plant-wise, and I'm sure we can take care of you.

Capslock

its nice to have you back.
Police management stinks but its a living.
I hope to do some trading soon.

Welcome back Rose!Sorry to hear about your job,you made the right decision.I hope everything else is going good for you!

Jerry

Back