Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally back

Hello,

I believe that things might have improved enough that I can ow return to my favorite hobby. My son has had radiation treatments and has improved although we have found that neuro problems do exist.

During my time gone I am no longer a copper, but will remain copper. The Chief had apparently wanted a female officer to test for Sgt a couple of years ago and told me that I best have a very good reason not to test or I best test. I told him I would test, but that would mean that I would do my best to get the job. He kind of laughed and said that was what he would expect. Well, he must not have been thinking right and forgot entirely the scores I put forth in my civil exams as I blew the rest of the testers out of the water. I was passed over for two sgt position and went in to ask why. This was the reason given - There was a rumor going around that I, or the officer that I was first passed over for, had stated that we had wanted one of the female officers fired. I then spoke with the female officer. She told me that another officer had told her that Eley or I had made this statement at a meeting that the chief was present at. I returned to the chief and told him what I had found out (my mistake and the beginning of attacks against me). The chief stated that he had been at the meeting and no such thing had been said. I stated that I knew that and it was a lie. Now remember that the other accused officer was promoted over me. The chief then told me that it did not matter that it was a lie because some of the officer may believe it and so I could not possible be promoted --- because someone lied about me I was dirt. Ok, I decided not to fight and said nothing further on the matter (except to my poor spouse) That is the first installment of my work saga, it goes on for two years of personal attacks. Next installment in a few days.

Well, I need to get back to this. My stress level (with my son's health and work issues) has been out of this world and I have not been truly happy without my plants. That my sound ridiculous, but caring for plants was my stress relief. I hope that many remember me and I also hope that I can get some seed aid in build my collection back up.

I am so glad to be back!

Copper aka Rose
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome back!! i remember only seeing you around at the time of the NASC auction!

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...WOW! Good news about your son! Bad news about your job. That's really confusing.

I can't give you seed, but I can give you a few miscellaneous plants if you want. PM me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back Copper. I'm sorry your work passed you over despite your qualifications and great test scores. I would also like to hasten your return to our carnivorous plant hobby/world. Pm me and I'll hook you up with some seeds and plants. Take care.

Chris
    Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say 'Hey man, I love you this many dollars worth. -Michael Scott, The Office

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you're back Copper! Sorry to hear about your job stress. Been there and it ain't fun by any stretch. Hope your son continues to improve.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome back Rose. It's good to see you again! I'm glad your son is doing better, better is always good. I'm sorry about your job situation though, that sucks. Sometimes there is no winning
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad your back with us. Working around knuckleheads is no fun and no one should have to tolerate it but then again gotta pay the bills and have insurance !! Surely you can get hooked up with a few things to get the CP ball rolling !
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so sorry that you have had to be put through these experiences. What now?

As a sidenote, I am reminded of you whenever I catch an episode of Hunter, which our local RTN station plays at midnight. Welcome back, DeeDee... I mean Rose!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast