What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello all!

Coming in from vancouver BC Canada. I am very new to this carnivorous plant thing other than having a few venus flytraps as a kid that always died.

Now i see why they died, hard plants to care for, well just require special attention.

Anyways I have a pitcher plant...dont know what type. I posted it in the ID forums. Just curious, the tendrils are there but never seem to get farther than that. Had it for 3 months or so. Distilled water, 8 hours of light. (natural sunlight, have it hanging by a window)

Clip all dead matter off asap. Humidity is a little low i think at 50-60% So that might be the case. Other than that.

I like cars....drive a 2008 mitsubishi lancer GTS. Modding it up slowly (not to be rice, just faster) Love electronics and I am a heavy duty mechanic (semi trucks). Nice to join here and hopefully extend my growing abilities.

Hi Camshaft,
Welcome to TF.

PS: I love cars to but I cant drive yet :(

Welcome! :wave:

Welcome to TF! Your last sentence got me laughing... about liking cars. Do you like fast cars?

of course I like fast cars...mine will be a 15 second car when I am done...not much but good for under 25000$ and 167 HP. But I have heated seats! And a 10" sub stock. Sport suspension, ect.

has anyone had a chance to look at my ID post? Still trying to figure out what plant I have and why I can't get it to pitcher after 3 months...

Welcome!

hard plants to care for, well just require special attention.

Common misconception. Any pitchers started up on your NOID nep?

xvart.

Hi Camshaft--I was just in Vancouver for a conference. I was hoping (but wasn't able) to breakaway and go visit a nursery in Richmond that was supposed to have a good supply of CP's. Welcome aboard! Mike

Welcome camshaft - we share two very similar hobbies... carnivorous plants and cars. I own an S2000 and had all the bolt ons... was a fun car... quarter mile all motor in 13.4 and trapped around 103 mph. Anyway, let me know if you ever have questions on either hobby :)

welcome to TF! make yourself at home, with decency of course :)

~b

Back