Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Drosera owner

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit late, but welcome to TF nonetheless!
    Nice capensis. They often get a bad wrap for being 'too easy', but I love them. They grow quickly and get lots of dew. Don't worry, you'll be addicted soon.
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF!
    Let us share our Obsessive Personalities with you!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhistAdam View Post
    i love dews!!!
    btw i would say thats 'alba' isnt it?
    I think its probably just because of the low light intensity that the plant is getting. I bet it would color up a great deal if it was in strong light, which an alba wouldnt do.

"If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently." –Bill Watterson
    "Humankind is a man standing atop a pyramid while slowly chipping away at its foundation. " -Me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that a 'broad leaf' variant ya think?

Hard to tell from the photos.........
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums! And yay for another 'dew lover!

You just can't resist that sticky, sparkly goo.

D. capensis leaves will slowly wrap around larger prey...but not gnats. Somewhere I have a photo of a leaf curled all around a moth.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    see, thats one thing that I was thinking...maybe the gnats are too small and it might only curl around something thats a bit bigger. Thing is, I dont know if im ready to give my cape something bigger. Its been doing fine with the extremely tiny gnats, so in the past few days I have tried dropping in a couple of very very very small ants. They all put up a mighty struggle for about an hour, and then eventually are able to walk away alive and well. I can only imagine what would happen if I put a large ant or other large insect. Maybe my plant just needs to get stronger and bigger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF illwill. Very cool way to get addicted to CP's . Just wait till you discover Nepenthes =D.

Daniel
    - Daniel

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard! My mother-in-law gave me a Peace Lily that was infested with something. I put my newly aquired D. adelae next to it and a few weeks later the problem was gone, and the D. adelae was covered in whatever it was! I'm sure the old ladies now think of you like one of those "weirdies" like the woman at my mail room thinks of me whenever I get plants in the mail!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123