What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A newbie from Indiana

Hello all

Hmmm well where do I start. My name is Steve Hatfield, I was bitten by the cp bug about 2 weeks back when I bought 4 sick pitcher plants on clearance at Lowes. (Unless you count the several flytraps, I killed many years back) I live in presently snowy central Indiana. Im a master gardener so I have a love of all types of plants. Other interests include hardy cactus and aroids (Amorphophallus and Arisaema) The sick pitcher plants are in the basement under a metal halide with a bunch of perennial seedlings looking better and showing some growth (3 are purple pitchers and one is a Judith Hindle) so now I want more!!!! I have some seeds on the way from ebay.(seeds may be the hard way to start but I like a challenge)

Now for the newbie questions:

Anyone from central Indiana on this list?

Where are some of the best places to purchase plants and seeds (price and quality)?
contact me privately to stay within the rules. sehatfield@insightbb.com

Where might I find some info on starting cp's from seed? I have found several sites but any extra info is always appreciated.

Thanks for the info in advance.

Steve

there is a new member from Indianapolis on here. illwill is his name i think. and i live in Louisville, KY so im not that far from you either. welcome to the forums!

Alex

Welcome to the forum!

Jerry

Whats up noob?? Welcome to the world of CP! Yes I live in Carmel, IN. I joined this site a few weeks ago. I only have 1 CP, a Cape Sundew that I bought last summer to keep in my office, but I love it and I plan on getting some more different CP's when I get my own place. What part of Indy are you from? I dont know anyone else that grows CP so its good to know there is someone else in the area that enjoys them!

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to the forum!! Make sure to also check out the great introductory prices on the Sarracenia stock in my store (plants were just added in the last few weeks)... Prices on the other stuff are good too ;) There are a few different threads talking about the quality of th plants. Just run a search for flytrapshop in the forum and visit www.flytrapshop.com to see what's available.
See ya around!
Andrew

Welcome! I also recommend checking out the auction. Lots of great stuff gets tossed around with some hot and heavy bidding!

xvart.

Welcome!!
53rose.gif

welcome to TF! get ready for information galore!
definitely do look into flytrapshop.com too, the quality of plants are incredible! :)

~b

Back