Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: billy from houston

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ill read up on the meeting and see if i can, cant promise since my schedule is determined by which one of my customers is going to fry their computer next i will try for sure though.

i was never really big on forums but i will have to say that everyone has made me feel extremely comfortable and welcome here. besides, who can pass up the free info?

see you all around!
    ~b

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome billy. I myself am your age and just got into carnivorous plants. Maybe we can give each other newbie tips. I'll have to check out Mike's place as well... my parents live in Houston (I live in San Antonio)so I shoot over there when I have the chance to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey bg! glad to see we got another texas grower. believe me, , you'll get addicted sooner or later, its not a matter of "if it will happen", its already started.

you should also make a grow list thread and add it to your sig so everyone can check out what you got

~b

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What part of H-town are you guys from? I'm from The Woodlands, but I've spent the past 3 years in Lubbock.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im right down the street from the reliant stadium/astrodome , i could even walk to it if i had to(i would when dealing with football traffic).

good to see some other houstonians around

~b

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently live in San Antonio but grew up in the bear creek area (NW Houston, barker cypress and west littleyork). pk, the woodlands is awesome... really nice area. I will definitely be asking you about how to sow seeds... I am ordering some D. filiformis and Pinguicula seeds. I read your post and it sounds like you can apply your method to almost any carnivorous plant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats wayyyyy on the other side town seeing as houston is something like 30 miles across(more if you include conroe, sugarland, pasedena & baytown, kinda like dallas/fortworth).

i really wish i could help with seed sowing but i know nothing of it. i will be trying my luck soon with some sarr seeds. i need to look into more droseras for my mini bog...and seeds seem to be the cheapest.

~b

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol ask me anything at all you want about neps, but I have no idea at all about how to grow anything else. Every other plant I've tried has died on me in less than 4 months. Neps are cake for me though. You guys could grow lowlanders outside for the entire year except the 2 month winter with no problems.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast