What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baylorguy

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer"
Hello everyone -

I will keep this short, as I just lost a post I spent 5 minutes typing. Just ordered the following plants to start me off:

D muscipula
D. adelae
D. capensis
D. binata ssp. multifida
D. filiformis var filiformis "Florida Giant"
P. agnata

I am fairly new to growing, so any tips for a newbie would be much appreciated. I purchased a 5 shelf unit from Lowes today that has 48" shelves, so I will be hanging 4 T12 bulbs per shelf (two fixtures). One thing I need help on... I have yet to figure out how to hang the fixtures to the shelving... I am not exactly mechanically inclined nor do I have too much experience. Again, any advice on my project or plant selection would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Phil

welcome you might might want to grow the vft outside

Welcome. I think you can use some zip ties, thats what I used to hang my 2 foot light. Looks like you picked some good starter plants. cya around.

Josh

Welcome to the forum!

Jerry

Welcome to TF!

Dude, run away now. Once you get in you never get out. It's like a drug.

Thanks everyone for the greetings! As far as the flytrap I know they can be successfully grown inside. In fact, there are a few people on here that have deep red traps on the regular variety by indoor lighting. BUT, once I get D. filiformis I will also get another flytrap and that one will be outdoors. I want to compare the growth rate of indoor vs outdoor.

Oh yes, does anyone know where I can find D. regia? Also, I have heard mixed things about this plant. Some say it grows for them, others say it dies for them ???

JMurphy, you are so right dude... it is already an addiction and my plants haven't even arrived...

I'll post pics soon once everything is up and running!

We're all looking for D. regia.... and Petiolaris Complex!

YES - WELCOME!! ... CP's are so friqin' addicting ... i go thru withdrawls if i cant be around em, :p

Welcome! D. regia is a great plant. Good luck on your search. There were some fantastic pictures posted recently.

xvart.

JMurphy, you are so right dude... it is already an addiction and my plants haven't even arrived...
:-D hahaha just looking at plants could get you addicted thats what I do with nepenthes how do you think I got my hamata? I showed my mom a picture of a mature plant and an upclose of the peristome she said "WOW would you look at that." and bought me one so I would cut myself.:poke:

jk about the cutting thing​

welcome to the clan haha.
Happy growing! if you have any questions i know everyone here is always willing to help!

Back