What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Andrew from Tucson

Werdna

I am diagonaly parked in a parallel universe
Hi everybody, my name is Andrew and I too am from Tucson, AZ and I just had to join when I found out there was a carnivorous plant nursery here :boogie:. I used to grow a lot of orchids and some big low land neps in a green house, but was forced to give it up a few years ago when I moved and couldn't bring the greenhouse with me. I'm now getting back into carnivorous plants and orchids. Currently I have 2 orchids and one venus flytrap growing on my windowsill.

I look forward to learning from everybody.

A person from Tucson joining at all is amazing.. LOL I only know of a few that have passed through over the years. :welcome:

Is your house swamp cooled to help keep the humidity up? or does it manage in the dryness of our heat and AC?

I used to grow some fine in my windows... We were swamp cooled (my greenhouse is swamp cooler too, as well as 1000psi fogger to keep the humidity up)
Andrew

Ohmigod!! Andrew has been CLONED!!!! I knew there was something fishy about his greenhouse and TCing.

hehe Welcome Andrew II! Don't worry...just call him Dandy and we'll know who is who.

:-))

(I'm gonna get myself fired...)

Phoenix and Carnivorous Plants in the same sentence will never cease to amaze me :) Welcome aboard Andrew! The search button is your friend and has a wealth of solid information.

Phil

I know the first rule here is to be nice, but when I see the words another Andrew from Tucson, the first words I think of is "KILL IT". I knew Andrew opened up that greenhouse just to clone himself.

Now what are we going to do? ???

I guess now we'll learn first hand if TC really does make mutants hehe

BTW What side of Tucson are you? I'm N/W

My house is A/C cooled, but I keep the orchids over a humidity tray, and I've been slowly hardening off the venus flytrap to the low humidity for the last week. It was outside at Home Depot so it seems to be doing alright with the bright sun out of my south facing window.

I live fairly central, near Pima and Alvernon. I was looking at your profile, Andrew, an I noticed (cue twilight zone music) that our birthdays are less than a week apart. lol

haha that's freaky man... I think you gotta go LOL

Phoenix and Carnivorous Plants in the same sentence will never cease to amaze me

I resemble that remark...LOL!

Welcome aboard Andrew II.

Welcome to TF :0.

You've got some competition now, Andrew I. :0

Welcome to TF!

Oh man 2 Andy's IN the SAME city on the SAME forum in the SAME hobby with birthdays a week apart!!? Dude, Where's my adam clone? :jester:

Welcome second Andrew. I'm Joseph, I too am in Tucson, but in the Picture Rocks area, behind the Tucson Mountains.

See? CPs and AZ go together just fine.

I guess you see you've now been dubbed Andrew II. :)

I guess I'll have to change my signature to that :grin:

Hey, Andrew I, if I was to order a couple of sarrs would it be possible for me to pick them up in person to avoid the hassle of shipping or the risk of shipping damage?

I understand if you don't want me to know where your greenhouse is located, or if you're worried that our meeting would cause a tear in the time-space continuum.
:-))

Hey Andrew II Yeah, that's fine man. There is even an option in shipping for local pick up "Arrange with me first" If you're a little open on that then don't worry about arranging specifics first... Remember this is only my side job ;) Even if the world does end... At least we met. hahaha

Visiting the g/h would be fine too... There is construction going on in the back yard so it is covered by video... :p I was told I was going overboard, with the lock and the video, buy hey there is a decent amount of money in there!! lol Actually, my wife is off this weekend... If you were looking at that soon :)
Andrew

PS- No flash (or any for that matter) photography :-))

I'm pretty busy this weekend, but I'm sure I could find some free time next week.

Back