What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northwest Indiana Noob!!

Hello everyone! I've been visiting this forum for about a little over a month now. I have done a lot of reading, and am now trying to post some and get to know others. I am new to CP's, but have quickly learned that they are very addicting. I have a 75 gallon terrarium that I can hopefully post pictures of soon, so I can get some feedback. I'm sure I'll be posting more, as my collection grows, and more questions arise. I'll post a grow list as soon as I figure out some of the "Lowe's Death Cubes" that I have aqcuired.

Your in the right place, welcome.

Hey and welcome. :wave:

Welcome to TF!

Lol welcome...btw if you are new.... a plant you may want to look into getting because it is very easy to take care of...and hard to kill....is U.gibba....it isn't very impressive but a good starter cp

Welcome to TF! I recommend get a Drosera capensis, otherwise known as a Cape Sundew, like the one in my avatar (but that's red form, though).

Hey, welcome to the forums! As capensis (the person) said, I would get a capensis (the plant) for a good starter plant.

-Maxx

Hi and welcome!

~b

Thanks for some of the advice!!! I just received a capensis (red) and have the typical one on it's way. I'll post some pics and a grow list as soon as I get motivated!

Welcome to TF. You may want to check out this thread about Lowe's IDs. And yes, they are addicting.

xvart.

If you need any more capensis I have a couple (all currently tangled together), alternatively I have about 6 flower stalks going up that'll be ready in a couple months. One or two white flower/clear hairs, and a couple red hairs pink flowers. That and a lowes rescue Nepenthes Sanguinea are all I have, so I cant help you too much. I'm in Portage if you are around.

Cool, thanks for the offer. I live in Merrillville. I have a few capensis, and a generous member has sent me some seeds as well. I have a few lowe's rescues as well, so I guess I'll see what happens. Thanks to everyone for the welcome and input. I hope to post some pictures soon of my setup and plants!

Back