What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, I'm new

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Hello, I'm new. My name is Ahmad, and I'm ridiculously interested in carnivorous plants. I'm currently in college, but I have been into carnivorous plants since 5th grade. My very first CP was a butterwort (it unfortunately died a few months later).

So....yeah. I'm the new guy. :D

and I'm ridiculously interested in carnivorous plants.

Yeah! That's the spirit! lol. Welcome, Ahmad. You've come to the right place. Are you currently growing any CPs or just getting back into cultivation?

xvart.

Yeah! That's the spirit! lol. Welcome, Ahmad. You've come to the right place. Are you currently growing any CPs or just getting back into cultivation?

xvart.

Here's my collection:

N. Ventricosa:
thisone2.jpg

And my outdoor collection (S. Flava, S. Rubra, S. Purpurea, D. Binata, and Pinguicula) :
thisone7.jpg

I go away for college, so my outdoor collection stays at the house, but I bring my N. Ventricosa with me under the lamp. I'm seriously thinking of getting a Mexican butterwort as well (since butterworts are my favorite)

Welcome to TF!

Welcome Ahmad!

One comment if I may..
I noticed the maple tree in the same pot as your CPs..thats not good.
If its wet enough for the CP's, it will too wet for the maple,
and if its dry enough for the maple, it will be too dry for the CP's..
they really arent compatible plants! ;)

you could maybe find a "middle ground" where both will tolerate it and do ok..for awhile..
but it wont be ideal for either in the long run..the "middle ground" will still be too wet for the maple and too dry for the CPs..

Scot

maxposwillo, this is TF

Welcome Ahmad!

One comment if I may..
I noticed the maple tree in the same pot as your CPs..thats not good.
If its wet enough for the CP's, it will too wet for the maple,
and if its dry enough for the maple, it will be too dry for the CP's..
they really arent compatible plants! ;)

you could maybe find a "middle ground" where both will tolerate it and do ok..for awhile..
but it wont be ideal for either in the long run..the "middle ground" will still be too wet for the maple and too dry for the CPs..

Scot

The tree grew well with no problems. However, I transplanted the tree to the forest earlier last month. So now it's just CPs in a pot. I'll try and get updated pics.

Hello and welcome to TF!

Hey there!!

I'm also in college...just finishing up my freshman year. I'm going to be living in an apartment next year and I'm going to take my terrarium with me!! You should definitely think about getting one!! What year are you in college, and whats your major?

Zach

Hey there!!

I'm also in college...just finishing up my freshman year. I'm going to be living in an apartment next year and I'm going to take my terrarium with me!! You should definitely think about getting one!! What year are you in college, and whats your major?

Zach

I too just finished my freshman year, and my Major is communications/advertising. I've thought about getting a terrarium at college, but it's too big. Just a nice potted CP for the window would work.

Welcome! Check out the Florida CP society page it's in my sig. And drop us an email.

-Josh

Welcome! Check out the Florida CP society page it's in my sig. And drop us an email.

-Josh

I added that link to my favorites. The site looks pretty new.

Back