What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

Hi, my name is Matt. I volunteer at Meadowview Biolgical Research Station. Heard some people there talking about these forums, I figured I'd register and see whats up.

Nice to meet you

Howdy. I assume you are into carnivorous plants too.

Of course. I dont have any of my own right now, but im looking forward to a terrarium setup with a nep. ventricosa. and probably a drosera or two.

Cool. Have you grown carnivorous plants before, or are you a newbie to the hobby? If so, there's some easy CPs that you should look at.

Yes, ive grown flytraps and such before. I grow other non-carnivorous plants as well.

Welcome to Terraforums

....My name is Matt too.

Welcome to Terra Forums! I'm Jason.

Welcome Matt, it was nice meeting you today!

-Nate

Yeah it was nice meeting you too. Ive been looking at your site, leaffactory.com. The red dragon nepenthes are beautiful!

You might want to review the rules, you can't say the name of a vendor, besides Flytrapshop.com, so you might want to edit.

You might want to review the rules, you can't say the name of a vendor, besides Flytrapshop.com, so you might want to edit.

You might want to review the rules as well, he didn't mention any vendor. My site is only a blog site of things I do, and photos that I take, nothing is being sold. It's not appreciated to blast new members in a welcome post. Your not a moderator, don't pretend to do so.

Ahtrum volunteers on a regular basis to the CP community with preservation and conservation efforts. He holds valor in my book, and should be given nothing more than welcomes on this forum.

Nathan

Hey Matt,

Welcome to the party that never ends! Hope you stay active because of your work at Meadowview. We could use some more action in the Conservation Forum. I'd like to hear more about what you do specifically.

xvart.

Yeah I plan on staying active. I'm definitely learning a lot just from reading these forums. But basically at Meadowview I do whatever needs to be done that day. Sometimes its seed sowing, sometimes repotting of different plants, or weeding, seed counting, etc. I really enjoy working in the greenhouse (thats where the Nepenthes are ;) ) but I really just love being at Meadowview so I'm usually glad to be doing anything.

Back