What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hey, how's it going?

I'm Mike. I live in Maine with my lovely wife and almost 11 month old daughter Olivia.

I'm considering making carnivorous plants a hobby and am looking forward to picking your brains about them.

I'd like to get a terrarium going with bugs and whatnot in there.

see ya on the forum.

Some good starter nepenthes are ventricosa, ventricosa x maxima ('Red Leopard'). Sanguinea and ventrata (ventricosa x alata). Some good starter sundews (drosera) are binata, capensis, spatulata and adelae.

:wave: Hello Mike and WELCOME aboard, you have come to the right place to learn all you need to know about CPs and growing them, all the CPers here are a fantastic bunch of folks. Hope you enjoy it here..:D

Welcome to TF!

Welcome aboard, Mike. If by making CPs a hobby you mean becoming obsessed, then you found the right place. While terrariums can look nice, I don't recommend them unless you need it for species that need more TLC.

Any specific direction you want to head in terms of plants you like? A little of this and a little of that? lol.

By the way, I love your avatar. Storm trooper Uncle Sam... He wants me!

xvart.

Welcome to TF! You've come to the right place for a wealth of knowledge.

Back