What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G'day everyone...

G'day everyone, hope this finds you all well,

My name is John, currently in Canberra, Australia. Like many people I got into cp's through a venus flytrap found in a hardware store, which I quickly killed. Found a few more as well as some sarracenia, which I also quickly killed.

A couple of years later I came back to it, again through finding some flytraps in a hardware store. This time I used google! After a few months of it living I got game and bought a few more for a few dollars which were being thrown out due to not being watered (at the garden centre too, crazy huh?) Moved onto more Sarracenia, Drosera and then Nepenthes, which I am still heavily addicted to.

In my 'real life'(ie. non cp life) I am a second year printmaker at the local art school.

Well, thats me introduced, look forward to chatting to you all!

John

Welcome! I'm glad you didn't give up on CP's :)

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to TF! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here :)

Welcome! Good luck with those new plants!

G'day John,
practicing my Australian, for a trip down under in Sept to attend the ICPS Conference
welcome to Terror Forums.
I think terra forums is a misnomer. cause of all the terrifying things these plants do to insects.LOL
I am one of the older folk on here,with only about 9 years total being invovled with carni plants.
LMO

Luckily there isn't an awful lot of Aussie lingo to get your head around! Hope you enjoyed your trip down under southern stars? 9 years...man, I'm jealous! Its always a slightly awkward feeling coming to anything new and looking around at people who have been doing whatever for a long time and feeling so incompetent! A feeling I am well aquainted with at the moment as I have a teacher at the minute who is a master printer and makes everything look so damn easy....*shakes fist in envy*

Back