What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hi from montreal quebec

i am canadian, 27 years of age and have just recently taken a curiosity to cp`s. my girlfriend loves plants and we are well over 60 plants ( 02-11-08 we are up to 80 now!!!) in a 4 1/2 appartment, cp`s included. it started with a friend of ours who had the idea of putting vft`s in an aquarium to be able to put in flies without having them flying around the house. this got my curiosity going so i bought a vft. later, i found a rather large aquarium (1 foot by 3 feet by 2 feet high.) on the side of the road with someone`s garbage. so with that, i started surfing for more info on these rather interesting plants that are way more fun than cacti and orchids. (we also have airplants that need no substrate, jade bonsai, aloes, an aquatic plant called corkscrew rush which is my favorite non carniverous plant, herbs and spices, cherry tomatoes, and the list goes on... ) So i bought my first vft at a home depot (lowes type store here in canada) and it`s doing great might i add, it is the flowering vft in the pics. since then i have bought 5 other vft`s a couple of weeks apart due to paycheques (if i could i would buy the whole storefull) and other cp`s along the way. it is just a shame that our winters here go down to -25 to -35 celcius which is darn cold, too cold for these guys i would think. but it`s not always that cold, it usually hangs around freezing point.
on another note, i am on your site every weekend for hours at a time, reading and re-reading to make sure i have everything straight. i work for 36 hours on weekends but only actually work for 5-6 hours so the other 30 hours are spent on you site and a couple canadian sites as well.

i believe this covers most of what i have to say about my green thumbs

Cheers
Steven aka blokeman

ps. if you guys and girls want to see what i have, just click on my name, in my signature, there`s a link to photobucket, where i post pics of my babies!

Last edited:
Welcome to TF.

Hey there steven
welcome to Terror Forums.
I think terra forums is a misnomer. cause of all the terryifying things these plants do to insects.LOL
I am one of the older folk (well I should be flytraps granny instead of lady)on here,with only about 9 years total being involved with carni plants.
LMO

:welcome:

Back