What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello From Maryland

Indigo

Learning How To Multiply
GOOOD DAY TERRAFORUMS

Hi! my name is Hong, from Maryland. wonder how many marylander r here in this forum or near to maryland. i been growing CP for almost a year and my VFTs r outdoor in the cold, today its like 16 F o-o wow,,, and they still outdoor on the balcony. think they will be ok? and i also grow nepenthes :boogie: i love nepenthes planning to get more of those plants. i grow them in a terraium with 1 15watt LED grow panel and 45 watt LED grow panel LOLLL the 45 watts is like the brightestestestestest light ever. if u stare at it for few sec you will see everything is green, but the LED light is red and blue., its getting crowded i might need a bigger terraium soon. i will have lots question to ask you guys, please help out a new CP grower here! thanks =] :-D

Welcome to TF!

Welcome! I am not from Maryland, but I love that area of the country. There are lots of people from the Northeast that reside here.

xvart.

Warm salutations!

I'm on the Eastern Shore of VA so I'm not too far away from you I don't think. Right now I'm in college up in Delaware so I bounce back and forth through there. Great community here lots and lots of knowledgeable people. How are those LED's working out for you? I'd really be interested in finding out how well they work long term. What exactly do you have outside? VFT's and anything else? More than likely everything is just fine. It's a leap of faith to just leave them out over winter but if they were healthy then they are probably fine.

Welcome and happy growing!
-J.P.

Welcome neighbor.
I'm in SE PA.

J.P.

I just bought the LED grow light a week ago. so i m still observing it hopefully i will get some picture of the light and the plant soon. so far as i know of is that the light is so intense that the light can actually shine throught the leafs, and make the leafs look like the light was glowing inside out. pretty sweet

edited: i grow vft (many kinds of variety but they all got mixed up) outdoor in the pot. and many died due to unknown reason i wish i could find this forum be4 they completely die off i m sure you guys will kno what causing them to die. so i could save them. and i always wanted a bog garden but sadly i live in a house that is build in the middle of down hill lol so its quite diffcult to built a bog garden, and also few binata<-- this plant is seriously awesome it catches countless tiny flies.. got to get more of this plant. and this is their first dormacy and i m pretty worry due to the frigid weather.

thanks everyone =]

Last edited:
Howdy!

Greetings and Felicitations‼

Back