What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellos from New York!

Hi i'm Lucy. Im from a wicked tiny town in downstate NY. Im a noob at growing CPs. I dont have any yet, but im germinating some sarracenia seeds right now. I cant wait till they sprout!

Welcome to the forum! That's a long road ahead growing from seed, hopefully they'll turn out well for you! Hope you enjoy the forum :)

:welcome: to TF. There are many freebees here, and most likely you'll get some plants from nice people for just the cost of shipping. :D

Hi lucy, Im new here too, but not to CP's. I have started some sarracenia seeds too ( 3+ wks ago, still have a while till germination). Have you read " The Savage Garden by Peter D' Amato"? Its a great starting point on cp cultivation (also there are many great cp mail order nurseries online so you can buy a mature plant and not have to start from seed).

Welcome!
What county are you located in in NY? My Dad used to live in Orange County, not too far from the "American Chopper" guys.
Good luck with your Sarracenia seeds!
Matt

Welcome to TF! Where is Dundee, NY? I'm FROM New York State and never heard of it. Is it along I-81 or NY 17? I'm in East Aurora, which is a small town SE of Buffalo.

Welcome! I also would recommend Peter D'Amato's book! I'm lucky and live right around the way from Peter's nursery (California Carnivores). Peter is a great guy and has tons of great information to share!

Welcome to TF. I know of a Dundee, NY about 45 min from me in Yates county?

I know Dundee! :)
its between Watkins Glen and Penn Yan..
14A..beautiful area!

Welcome Lucy!
im originally from a wicked tiny town in downstate NY too!
Waverly, NY..down on the PA border, straight south from Ithaca..

im in Rochester now, but my parents are still in Waverly..so I drive down through the Finger Lakes region all the time..I know it well! :)

nice to have another "local" here!

Scot

Hi i'm Lucy. Im from a wicked tiny town in downstate NY. Im a noob at growing CPs. I dont have any yet, but im germinating some sarracenia seeds right now. I cant wait till they sprout!

downstate?
hmmm..generally anything north and west of Poughkeepsie is "upstate"! ;)

unless you are from Long Island..in which case anything north of the Bronx is "upstate"! ;)

Scot

Hi yeah im like 15 minutes from watkins glen. technically im in Weston, but dundee is my mailing adress. im in yates/schuyler county. I bought peters d'amatos the savage garden about a month ago. it is a great book. the best i could find on cp's. i read it almost everyday. before i moved to dundee i lived in Watertown, and before that pulaski. so ive been all around NY.its nice to see so many friendly people on here!

I know east and western NY but only cursory knowledge of central NY. Watertown once got 48" of snow in one day! Puhl-ask-eye, right?

Welcome to the forum!

Back