What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first post, hi.

• Thread starter J-rod
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fly
Hi, everyone
my name is jaime, I live in Texas. I am here to learn as much as I can about caring for Venus fly traps. I got my first one march of last year and I'm crazy for this little plants. The sad thing is that the three plants I got from the hardware store are almost dead so I'll be asking for info later.

Hi and welcome to terraforums!

Welcome to TF!

:welcome: to tf :)

hiya! welcome to TerraForums!

Hell J-rod. welcome , hope you find all the right answers here .
It's sure been helpful to me ,there are some great people, all seem very nice ,and have vast knowledge in many fields, not just carnivorous plants, so ask away if you need help.
Have you been growing long yourself?
What's on your list of favorites, and do you have any or all of them?
Im Jimmy, best regards.

Welcome to Terraforums!

xvart.

Hiya! Welcome to TF! :wave:

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

To tell the truth, the Fly Trap is actually a little bit tricky for a first time grower because of various factors (light, dormancy, amount of water, etc).

I suggest you start with an easier carnivorous plant that is more forgiving. I suggest a Mexican butterwort or a Nepenthes Ventricosa (Tropical Pitcher Plant). Just put those plants on a partially sunny windowsill, give it some distilled water and make sure the soil is moist, and it's grow nicely for you.

I suggest d. capensis, LOL! Mexi butterworts and neps are less hardy.

Welcome to TF!

I'm attending Texas A&M at the moment. I need to get rid of a lot of stuff so let me know if you're in the area.

thank you all for the nice welcome.

hi jimmy conner i have been growing vft for one year. not so well i might add but i really like them. the ones i want to get my hands on are G14 and G16 wacky trap Z11 and so on but those are hard to find in the us.

hi Wolfn i will have to get some of those CP and thanks for the advice

hello SDCPs LOL ok.

hi Jefforever ill have to send you a message later about that i really like to get more plants

Ok, just let me know before Friday (Jan. 14th?) because I will be bringing plants from my home (in Oregon) back to Texas.

Back