Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from New Zealand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Welcome

how do and welcome , hope i can be of some help, if you have questions this is the place , lots of experience here , in all forms , hope you enjoy it as much as i have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF!

I loved every minute I spent in NZ. Need to go back. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya! Welcome to TF! That's a splendid VFT!
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holy crap thats the biggest vft i have ever seen o ya and lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Arctic fox, welcome to the forums, you will find everyone here is very friendly and knowledgable.
    Im also from New Zealand but I live in the Deep south (Dunedin)
    Bitey must consist of many plants as normally each plant only has about 6 leaves before it devides. Was it originally sold as a Mrs frizzles plant? They selected a really nice big variety that grows much more easily than others Iv grown. Still yours is amazing
    My Growlist

My Webpage with photos I took On Mt Kinabalu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks, everyone, for the welcome. I'll pass along your praise to Bitey. :-)

@xvart: I'm not quite up to the barefoot hiking although I'm a lot better than the tenderfoot that I used to be. I'm at the point where I can walk over the gravel from the beach parking lot to the beach entrance. I'm amazed at the kinds of things kiwis can walk on with bare feet and (seemingly) not notice :-). I do hope that you get a chance to visit someday. Your friends were right when they talked about how beautiful it is down here.

@jimscott: I wouldn't be surprised if there were! Will find out how many during re-pot!

@upwhiz:I know that I'm going to have to re-pot him soon, but when I finally got the courage up, he started flowering. I was told to not disturb him when he did that. So, I'm planning to re-pot sometime in Winter (say, May or June). I'll definitely be looking for some advice when I do come around to that and I may be able to separate some of the plants in the process.

@Jefforever: I've lived here for a year and a half... I used to live in Hamilton but have moved out to the West coast (of the North Island). I've loved (and continue to love) every minute of being here.

@Kinabalufan: 2 years ago, I took a whirlwind trip through NZ. Started in CC, went down through Dunedin and the Southern scenic route, visited Doubtful Sound, up the west coast, kaikura for whale watching... and then on to the North Island. I *really* liked Dunedin. Back in Canada, I was a prof at the University of Calgary. I'm currently at the U of Waikato doing a PhD. One possibility after I'm done is getting an academic appointment at Otago... we'll see how things work out.

The plant was from a garden centre in Hamilton. I wasn't going to pick it up because of my previous disasters with VFTs. Calgary has an incredibly dry climate. My wife convinced me to get the plant and it's been absolutely wonderful.

--

Thanks, again, everyone! I look forward to reading through your archives!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12