Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from another Californian!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from another Californian!

Hey everyone! I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, so it's probably about time to introduce myself =P I usually go by Kuro, but since this is a CP forum, I took my screen name from my sundew, Pandora. Pandora was a cape sundew I had last year, my first and only sundew plant. Unfortunately, I forgot about her and left her in the window in a closed terrarium during a heat wave, and she was completely fried. I was really bummed about it, especially since she was such a neat plant, and was growing well for me. I haven't been able to find any sundews locally since.

I'd really like to get a sundew plant again. Browsing the internet I've seen there are so many unique and beautiful varieties. I'm not wanting to drop a bunch of money on seeds or plants from online yet, because I have a special talent for killing them, so for now I'm just hanging around and looking at everyone else's pictures and trying to learn what I can Since I don't have any plants, I probably won't post much for now, but I'll be around.

Aside from plants, my hobbies are varied... I love drawing, cosplay, anime and manga, raising betas, keeping lots of pets, and collecting My Little Ponies. I just turned 22 last week and am a senior in college, Global Studies major. I was referred here by the owner of growsundews.com. If you're out there, thanks for telling me about the forum!

I look forward to learning from all of you here, and hopefully growing sundews again sometime in the future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And dont worry about losing a plant; it comes with the hobby! We've all been there, thanks to lots of talented growers here you'll be growing again in no time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    howdy , and welcome to the neighborhood , i've got and extra spathulata sundew.If you want it?, its a pretty easy plant, mine is just at regular house temps and humidity no need for a terrarium, just good light and never let it dry out totally.
    Just as French says you will get lots of answers here, and be growin, like a pro in no time.
    You can send me a private message, if you want.
    If you click on the picture youll get a closer look , and again for a real closeup.
    Last edited by uphwiz; 09-15-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF! Is there a Pandora's Box? I'm sure we can help you out with more sundews, particularly D. capensis. I used to breed Bettas when I was in high school, as well as other anabantids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya! Welcome to TF!

So you're into anime and what not, eh? Have you heard of the Touhou series?
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

Uphwiz, thank you for the offer! That plant sounds great, I'll send you a PM in just a bit

Jimscott, it's good to see another betta enthusiast here! What kind of bettas did you breed? Right now all of mine are pet store bettas of various colors and tail types, but I'm hoping to have the time and money this summer to get some good quality copper or marble HMPKs to breed.

Capensis, sorry, I haven't heard of Touhou. I'm a little bit out of the anime loop at the moment; I haven't been following new series like I used to. I blame it on college and all my favorite anime magazines going under =P My favorite for the last couple of years was Tsubasa Chronicles, but that just ended so I suppose I need to start looking for something new...I'm actually more or a manga-reader than an anime-watcher, but I do enjoy both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    Capensis, sorry, I haven't heard of Touhou. I'm a little bit out of the anime loop at the moment; I haven't been following new series like I used to. I blame it on college and all my favorite anime magazines going under =P My favorite for the last couple of years was Tsubasa Chronicles, but that just ended so I suppose I need to start looking for something new...I'm actually more or a manga-reader than an anime-watcher, but I do enjoy both.
    I see. Well, Touhou isn't really an anime, it's a game series, but the characters are anime and what not and it's somewhat popular. You should look into it if you ever have the time. It has a great fanbase. (My avatar is a Touhou character, by the way)
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine were the typical mass-produced B. splendens type. A Plakat would have been way cool to have!

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...ed=0CBIQsAQwAA

Do you have other bubblenest builders? I googled HMPK Betta, since I was unfamiliar with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1ZpBfxf84Y

http://www.bettafishforum.com/forum/...ancy-hmpk.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast