What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello! I'm new to carnivorous plants, and currently own Drosera adelae, Sarracenia x 'Judith Hindle',and a mystery Nepenthes that has only one pitche. All of these plants have been bought from Lowes in the 'Death Cubes'. They were an impulse buy, since I started reading my friend's carnivorous plant blog, called 'Templeton's Trap'. The Sundew and the Nep are currently living in a 10gal terrarium, and the Sarracenia is outside with my succulents. They all have new growth (I've had them for 2 weeks) and they are really fun to watch! I thought I was going to ignore my Sarracenia, since its outside, but I find myself kneeling down on the wood barrier and observing it. The Nep and Drosera are in a Sphagnum/Peat mixture, and the Sarracenia is in Sand/Peat mixture with a sphagnum layer on top. I only give my plants distilled water, so I guess that is ok. Also, since it is almost my birthday (April 6), I'm going to get to order more! :boogie:
Anyways, glad to be here, and hope to learn a lot from you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
:welcome:

welcome to TF!

Welcome to terraforums! On a side note, are you sure the Sarr is a S. 'judith hindle'? I've only ever seen purpurea ssp. venosa & rubra ssp. rubra at Lowes....

Welcome to TF!

Welcome! to me that looks like a S. judith hindle with not enough color, and that means not enough sunlight.

I'm guessing he got it from lowes. ;)

It's coloring up nicely, now. Too bad I don't have pictures, my camera ran out of batteries.

Yep, it does look like a judith hindle :) I guess you have better lowes than we do!

Lol! Hmm, I think I just found out I'm in love with S. flava, so green! Too bad they are out at FlyTrapShop.com

Hey there Lime! Been reading my blog huh? Its been so long since Ive posted on it!....ah what a move to an apartment with a shaded balcony does for VFT and Sar keeping! :( ..no fun right there!

Good luck with your Lowes plants! Nice to see you around! :)

Oh! Hi NaRnAR! Lol, I was looking for your blog the other night.

Back