What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hate introductions, haha. I feel obligated to write them, but I never know what to say. Might say I'm an artist, I draw way too much, paint, sculpt, etc. (I drew my avatar, just sayin') I have a lot to improve on, but doesn't everyone? Planning on starting a web-comic soon, but that's neither here nor there.
Anyhow, I've always loved carnivorous plants, and killed many a VFT when I was younger, mainly due to bad tap water and death cubes.
Two months ago, I picked up an unnamed Sarracenia hybrid pitcher and a Red Dragon VFT, and, while I killed them, I learned what I did wrong. Keeping them as normal household plants was a no-go, haha.
I gradually picked up more plants, though I'm not sure if it's enough to warrant a growlist, I'll just list them here.

Nepenthes ventricosa
Sarracenia unnamed hybrid x3
S. oreophila
Drosera "Lake Badgerup"
D. capensis x2
And a "Red Dragon" Dionaea muscipula

Right now I really want some VFT typicals, and I can't seem to find them anywhere near me for a reasonable price.

Now I'm having to resist the urge to purchase carnivorous plants, getting kind of addicted, I suppose, I plan on trying to grow from seed soon, but I'll have to read up on that a bit more.

Anyhow, that's my long-winded introduction. I'm glad to be here, and definitely glad to be in the e-company of both newbies and old-timers.

--Lucanidae
(^ one of my favorite insect families)

Welcome to TerraForums :welcome:

Sine you bring up typicals, might I mention the sale currently going on. Singly they're cheaper, in bulk amazing price. http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123664 Doesn't help you trying to not purchase anything though heh (you can try to fight that, most find it impossible!)

Andrew

Welcome to TerraForums :welcome:

Sine you bring up typicals, might I mention the sale currently going on. Singly they're cheaper, in bulk amazing price. http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123664 Doesn't help you trying to not purchase anything though heh (you can try to fight that, most find it impossible!)

Andrew

Oh jeez, I bought some. :nono: I couldn't help it. I would have bought 20 if I could've, but with shipping, I could only really afford five. :( Man, that's a great deal though. Maybe I'll get some ungodly amount of money soon, before this deal is over.

Welcome!

The only way I can resist the urge is by looking at my bank account statement every time I find something I want :D

Welcome to TF!

I had to check your introduction simply to find out what "Stumptown" was, but then you didn't explain it! LOL

I draw and sculpt as well (or used to at a local toy prototyping studio). I'm trying to get back into it after a few years off but only for myself now and not with any ambitions of sculpting any more superheros! What materials do you like to work in as far as sculpting?

The Stag Beetles are awesome - do you raise them? We've got a new Arthropod forum here so if you do raise them please post some pics!

Anyway, welcome to TF - stay a few years! :D

I had to check your introduction simply to find out what "Stumptown" was, but then you didn't explain it! LOL

Haha, sorry. Stumptown is a nickname for Portland, Oregon.
Oh man, I wish I raised stag beetles. I've been wanting to, but I haven't found anywhere to buy grubs. Hopefully after the new year, I'll find some.

Welcome to Terraforums! :welcome:

Back