What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back again

Hello, How have you all been. For those that know me I am working on my teaching degree. About my Police Officer Job, it turns out that God was once again looking out for me. With in a year of leaving the job I would have had to retire. I have been diagnosed with Bursitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteo Arthritis, Damage Arthritis, Fibro-myalgia, Diabetes (actually had this for many years but blood surgar did not reflect it properly), extremely high cholesterol and triglycerides (that can not be treated due to-) Non-alcoholic liver disease, Irritable bowel syndrome, and still have my reflux disorder. I had surgery the other day to remove fiberus flesh from the uterus, but no cancer, YAY! Anyway, this is all kind of stress for and getting me down. My wonderful husband says, "Well maybe you need to get back to something you enjoy." The fool, muahahaha! Back to the plants that I truly love!. I put in an $100 dollar order for seeds and gemmae and will go out to buy tanks and such today. I look forward to sending care packages out again. Just the thought of growing these wonderful plants again has me feeling better.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

Forgot to let you know that I am finally getting a real green house, not large, but with hard panels and vents.

Dang that's a laundry list of ailments XD

Welcome back! If you want like...capensis seed or some various gemmae (or what else did you used to grow?) to save on some money (you're in the US, right?), let me know ;)

good to see yah again......

Oh wow, long time no see! Best of luck with your recovery - I've had some brushes with those types of things myself. :s Your husband sounds like a swell guy. :D
~Joe

He is wonderful, especially since he is not into plants like I am.

It is a long list of ailments, but all I really wanted was for them to get to the end of it so that I knew what I have to do. I look a lot different than I use to, but I have a goal to live to a ripe old age.

Glad to see you back in the swing of things and taking all that on! It'll be a pleasure to have you back on the forums!

I am going over my purchases to figure out how much mailing I will need to pay. Even this small thing is soooo exciting. It is so great to be a nerd. I have been saving money so I have ordered about 25 to 30 plant types, mostly drosera.

lol, One of the IV sites from my surgery has blood poisoning (infection) running up the arm. It is easily corrected with medication and heat on the arm. It just gets ridiculus sometimes. I have been working on catching up on the postings. This is going to take a while.

I have already been contacted by some of the TF members. This place has remarkable and full of great people. I hope that I can fit right back in....Got to get an avatar!

If you ever want to trade, I have some high quality plants looking for homes ;)

That is good to know. I have now order over 50 plants or seeds of plants so it will not be long befoer I can give away and trade.

My wonderful husband says, "Well maybe you need to get back to something you enjoy." The fool, muahahaha!
Bahaha! I love it!

It is so great to be a nerd.
So very true. It's the little things.

Welcome back, I don't know if one can ever truly quit the CPs, though. I'm only fairly new to the hobby, but I have yet to look back and I can't see myself doing it any time soon.

Welcome back ! That whole relaxing in a hobby thing is just what the doctor ordered.

Welcome back, it is good to see you again!
Andrew

Welcome back!

Back