What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's nice to meet the community (From New York City)

Hi Everyone,

My name is Michael, and I'm a native New Yorker. I've recently bitten the CP bug, and I've started myself out with a nice Red Hummer's Cephalotus plant! I think I'm in love! I also own a 12 year old venus flytrap with a taproot that is 3-4 inches, along with a cape sundew. I am planning on greatly increasing my cephalotus stock to build my dream CP terrarium.

I have a career here in New York City, and in addition to CP's, I'm interested in Turtles/Tortoises, fossils, and computer programming.

It's very nice to meet everyone. If anyone wants to keep in touch in the NYC tri-state area and exchange numbers, just send me a PM. I would love to get to know you.

Michael

Welcome to TF! I was born in the Bronx and raised on the Island.

i was born and raised uppstate and now i live even farther upstate, the adirondacks to be exact. welcome to the forum.

Welcome. I was born and raised in Mass. Now I am in the plains of the Midwest, sigh.

WELCOME

Is there anyone here from NYC or NJ?

My in laws are from staten island

There are a few from Juysey....

Hey, welcome. I'm living in Brooklyn right now. Are you doing your best to raise plants in a small apartment like I am, or do you have outdoor space? LOL

Welcome Michael!
There's several folks from the area & a few more that frequent other forums. Here's a thread with the failed (so far) attempt to start a group.

What other forums are there? It's my understanding that we're the largest, most dedicated one, by far.

What other forums are there? It's my understanding that we're the largest, most dedicated one, by far.
While I wouldn't know about size, Terra seems to be the most active, imo. In addition to the one's in Barry's FAQ, Matt & Aidan each host one (I think you've seen Matt's).

Back