What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Downunder

Hello, I am Derrick (Didge) Rowe a sporadic grower of CP's but these days my focus is primarily on arboreal myrmecophytes (ant-plants.) having just published a DVD format 'book' on the subject, namely Ant-plants: Arboreal Wonders of Nature. I am currently living in Auckland New Zealand but I have lived and travelled extensively in Australia and toured Papua New Guinea home to many truly weird plants little known ouside of academia. Cheers Didge.

Hi Didge! Nice to meet you and welcome to TF!

I'd love to hear more about the weird plants. Snap any pics by any chance:)?

Welcome to TF!

Oh. My. God.

Didge? As in didgeridoo? You might've just earned yourself somewhere in the ballpark of 456413478 awesome points in my book.

Welcome to Terraforums! I'm probably not alone in being totally jealous. :banana2:

Welcome!

I'm an accomplished explorer also! I have toured all around San Diego, finding many sites with our local 5 types of succulents (4 are cacti) :p There are more a little farther out in the desert.

:-))

Welcome!
:welcome:
Nice to see someone closer in age here than normal!
:beer:
Congrats on your Ant Plant Book/DVD!
:bigthumpup:

:water:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b6oAFlPLGA8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b6oAFlPLGA8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hey, I'm going to NZ in a couple days! Do you have any suggestions for things to do in your area for a visit in December?

Anything not to miss? Know any good sites to spot cps at?

Any tips appreciated, thanks!

Didge.

Hello Jeff. I have only just come across your request so it is now too late to help.
Regards D. J.

Back