What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soopaman

Wants a Hamata
Hello folks!

Excited to join the forums and get more nerdy/involved with my hobby - carnivorous plants!

I got into carnivorous plants in July 2010 and set up a subtropical/highlands terrarium in a 10gallon aquarium, and the plants have been growing great, of course causing me to not be satisfied and to want more.

Current plants are:

N. ventricosa (2 of these, one grew really well, the other not so much due to where I initially placed it, it's coming back though)
D. filiformis var. tracyi
D. binata (nearly dead when I got it, not I have to tie it back to keep it from being splayed out over my other plants)
D. spatulata (2 of these, one has kept constant dew and stayed very green, the other golden/red and no dew until the recent addition of a different type light)

Then a few days ago I added in N. singalana "Belirang" as well as N. spectabilis x aristolochioides, as well as got some Biblis liniflora seeds I am not sure what I am going to do with.

Picture of the terrarium:

plants_12_28_10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to terraforums. Happy CP growing. It looks like you've already got a good start.

Welcome to TF! Beautiful terrarium:)!

Nice looking plants, what part of texas are you at?

Thanks!

I am actually from North Houston, James.

Well then I can visit when I go to see my sister or sister-in-law! Welcome to the forum!

Awesome, another Texas grower. :)
Nice looking plants!

Aww, I was hoping you'd be closer to the New Mexico side of Texas.

Welcome! Grow cacti too perchance?

Welcome to TF

Back