What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiya Everybody!

MH1

Smile, it makes people nervous :)
Hello, Hello!

Been on the forums for a while, here and there etc etc, but I never really introduced myself... well, here I am! (tbh I put it off, I dislike talking about myself...)

I probably have one of the most unoriginal nicknames... I made it a year ago on CPUK... for some reason I went for the easy option. It is regretted.

Well, about me... *Ahem* :blush:

I'm from the wet and windy north-west England and am currently still at school... I'm 15, going on 16, and started growing cps a year ago, although, not really, as I got a dormant flytrap for Christmas (cliché alert) and it did nothing untill (a very late) spring. During that time, I researched quite a lot... and then the rest, as they say, is history! I have a bit of a bizzare sense of humour, not sure if people get it or not, but I have fun regardless!

I like pretty much all cps... although nepenthes and vfts less so... although I think that's more to do with the fact I thought all Nepenthes needed tons upon tons of light and a strict temperature regime untill a few months ago... then I promptly bought an N. x ventrata, and I am wavering in my opinion :-O! And with vfts, well... they all rotted on me this winter due to them being blown out of pots and sort of squished under a heavier Sarra pot (which is, of course, completely fine now), then frozen solid during one of the coldest decembers on record (sour grapes)! :jester:

So, Hello! How d'you do? ;)

(I'm quite partial to brackets and elipses btw, and I am a tad wordy... sorry! (the brackets are kind of like the thought behind the words, and are completely optional to read)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see a fellow european here, welcome :)

Thankyou! Yeah... Europeans FTW :D ! The Dutch are cool :) I know a few!

I know some too, they are pretty cool indeed :D

:L That's suprising! Where did you meet them? Must have had to walk quite far! ;)

actually.. some live next to me.

:O I thought it was strange that I lived next to some English people... how bizzare... what are the chances? ;) I guess it's a small world? Especially in Europe... so crammed together! :-))

Welcome to CP.... I mean TF!

Thank you! Yeah... they blur with some people... thank you, from cp... terraforums! I like to have more than one source of info... you get both sides of the 'pitcher' (your own joke, recycled)... don't tell anyone... but I Think I like it here a bit more! :)

You'll find a good lot of us on both, as well as others, globally and locally.

Howdy MH1, and welcome.

Back