What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from western PA

mikefallen13

Mr. veitchii
Hello,
My name is Michael fallen and I live in springdale PA. I've been growing plants as long as I can remember. I started out with a few cactus on the windowsill but when I was about six I started collecting orchids. Now I have about sixty orchids and about twenty nepenthes, a cephalotus, a heliamphora and a few others. I'm still into orchids but ive moved more toward CPs. I also had a nano reef aquarium which sadly is sitting in the shed at the moment but I hope to set it up again. I'm looking forward to chatting with others who share my interests.
Thanks,
Michael fallen

Hey there Mike
welcome to tf
I was originally from NW PA lived in PGh for 5 yrs
There are several other members that are from PGH area

Hey, are you from the OSWP?
If so, I'm the one who gave you some gemmae.
What type of coral are you into? I love zoanthids, and if you set up your tank, can give you some.

Yep I'm the one!! I'll let you know if I set my tank up again. My favorite corals are probably the Acropora genus. I love all the different sizes and colors of zoanthids as well. I guess i will see you at the show!!

Yep I'm the one!! I'll let you know if I set my tank up again. My favorite corals are probably the Acropora genus. I love all the different sizes and colors of zoanthids as well. I guess i will see you at the show!!

Well, that's cool! You ever been to Aqua World (http://www.aquaworldpsc.com/) they have some great Acros.
You have Cephs and Helis? Can you maybe bring some to the April meeting? I love seeing them in person!

Shure I could bring them there both small so it would be no problem. I'm also going to post my growlist and pics if my camera isn't acting up.

:wave:
Oooh wow, Hi and welcome!

Can't wait to see your pics! :grin:

Thanks! The smaller the cuter! Do the Helis have mature or immature pitchers? I've never seen one with immature pitchers.

At the moment it has about ten growths one is beginning to produce mature pitchers while all of the other growths are producing immature pitchers.

Ten growths? That's not too small!

Well I was talking more height wise. Thanks for the link too!

Back