User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New to forums and new to plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile New to forums and new to plants.

Hi I registered to this forum a little bit ago and like the title says im new to carnivorous plants and this forum. Was wondering if anyone was willing to help me start growing some awesome plants. to tell you the truth i kinda feel a little dumb because i havent every really grown anything but i want to grow some of these plants because i think its cool how they eat bugs and i baught a venus fly trap but its doing pritty pourly.(btw im terrible with spelling so cut me some slack lol) i live in washington neer puyallup and was wondering if anyone knows a good place for me to mabe buy a couple more plants or if i should just order them online or ??. i think it would be cool to hear from some people who have been growing these plants for a while and hear how they are growing theirs for some ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome giga! if you're looking for information on growing these plants, i cant think of a better CP community to join. while, we might not be as smart as the euro peeps, we still have a good amount of information circulating within the group. chances are, questions that you have probably have been answered already. use the search function to look up topics that interest you. still havent found what you're looking for? then go ahead and ask away! there's usually people hanging around the chatbox or add to a thread or post.

the forums are probably the best way to get hooked up with plants. check the trades/giveaway section. but first things first, you say you have a venus flytrap? you should check these thread(s) out: http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81026
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101162
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81432

good luck and happy growing.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome! First order of business. Get a copy of The Savage Garden by Peter D'Amato. Read it, a couple of times. Adapt that info about the plants you want to have to your area. Don't feel bad about if a few don't work out, you will eventually find the plants that work for you. Good luck!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. There are some informative threads stickied in every sub forum that would be a good place to start reading online depending on which species you are interested in growing. I love Washington.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you all for the Welcoming posts. =) does anyone know a way for me to make it so it emails me when someone replys to a post that i posted on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaspike View Post
    does anyone know a way for me to make it so it emails me when someone replys to a post that i posted on?
    On the upper right side - above the 1st post is a box that called 'thread tools'. Inside that is 'subscribe to thread'. When posting there is a box on the bottom (far bottom) that lets you subscribe.
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)