What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi gang...

My name is Stephen. I'm from Indianapolis and I am finishing up the last two years of school. I got my fist nepenthes about a year ago and I have 6 different species now (they are a lot easier to take care of than my pet rabbit).

I will post a grow list and a few pictures later. I just wanted to say thanks for letting me join the forums and I hope to learn a lot.

Hi, and :welcome: to TF! Enjoy your stay :)

welcome to TF!

Welcome to TF!

:welcome:hey welcome to TF, you will learn a tun here :D

lol thanks. It will take me a while to get a signature and info up. Ya'll have a really nice forum, well put together too!

:banana2: <--- wth? :crazy:

Ooooh! There is [More]!!!!

:awesome:

Like I said, I have been growing neps for a year. I finally got some pictures uploaded.
This is the first plant I got Spectabulis x Ventricosa
IMAG0072.jpg

Talangensis x Maxima
IMAG0063.jpg

Ampullaria x Ventricosa
IMAG0064.jpg

Maxima (Jeff Shafer)
IMAG0066.jpg

Baby pitcher
IMAG0065.jpg

Lowii x Campanulata
IMAG0067.jpg

Cephalotus
IMAG0069.jpg

Ventricosa x Trusmadiensis (clone B I think)
IMAG0070.jpg

Window shot
IMAG0073.jpg

Well, that is what I have. I have a few questions:
Who is this Jeff Shafer guy? I have read a little bit about him in Savage Garden (I think), and I see plants featuring his name from time to time.
What is that live green stuff a lot of you have on top of your plants? I have just been placing some LFS moss on top of the dirt when I pot them.
Any good advice you guys could throw my way?

Last edited:
Back