What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Brian in the SF Bay Area

Hi everybody! Just a quick hello for now (I'm @ work currently).

I started in CP's a few years ago when I was working @ the SF Garden Show and got a vft from BACPS (it was Sunday and everyone was closing down booths). The folks there had a BUNCH of extras that they normally give to kids and I guess I looked needy or something ;)

That plant died :-( but next year the same thing happened (yay BACPS!!!!) and THAT one I've kept alive now for I think 2.5 years on my patio. So just over a year ago I went to that nursery in Sebastopol (I don't think I'm supposed to name names but you know the one I mean) and picked up a couple Sarracenia and some Drosera and now I'm REALLY hooked. :-))

BTW, I work @ The Urban Farmer Store and have a fair bit of knowledge on pumps, water feature stuff, indoor lighting (for growing tomatoes indoors ;) , oh, I mean for terrariums!) and irrigation so if anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask me any questions!

pics and plant list to come

Welcome to TF! Hope you learn lots here :)

Too bad you missed the BACPS show.

Thanks!

It looks like I might actually make it up there for the tail end of today, actually... don't tell my work tho

Last edited:
Welcome to TF!

Welcome to terraforums!

Welcome to the forums! :)

welcome Brian! Let the madness begin, or continue, in your case :)

Welcome, neighbor!

Actually, we like to drive our old FIAT up and around Marin, so some day we'll probably stop by your work for some supplies. :awesome:

Thanks all!

lol pik!

Lil Stinkpot, feel free any time... though call ahead to make sure we've got what you're looking for (all the indoor lighting stuff is special order)

Hi :wave: I fly up for the show and sale lately..

thez_yo were you @ the BACPS meeting yesterday? I ended up making it but didn't get there till about 3:30 or so... I just kinda wandered around for a while with my wife looking @ plants and then we took off (had a luau to go to @ our favorite winery!)

Back