Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Central Texas

You are getting sleeeepy...very, very sleeeeepy.... JennB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya DJ57! The part I have down pat! I'm the sort that catches an interest, immerses myself in it for a time (my husband calls it "obsessive compulsive" but I prefer to think of it as knowledge hungry ) then once I get rolling I'm not going to be satisfied until I've tried at least a little bit of everything! You should've seen my saltwater coral collection before a pet sitter cooked it all . I'm certain to end up one of those labelled as the neighborhood crazy old lady, it's just a question of which insanity will I be known for?
    Jenn

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You had saltwater? I wish I could afford to cultivate tropical fish - fresh & salt! I used to work for a wholesaler and part of what I did was take care of the salt section. I do miss the corals and the stars and the shrimp and the....

You are getting sleeeepy...very, very sleeeeepy.... JennB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You had saltwater?
    I did and LOVED it! At that time I was manager at a store so I had access to several lists where I could order what I wanted and knew exactly where it came from, what condition it arrived in, and so on. When we came home from Jamaica and found the pet sitter had cooked all our tanks...words just can't describe! In purely financial terms the loss was many thousands of dollars but, of course, the actual loss went well beyond monetary for me. They were living things that I'd put love, sweat, and tears into, lovingly set up and maintained, memories of frag swap meetings, our made-with-our-own-two-hands under tank sump/refugium and HUGE protein skimmer...I simply didn't have the heart to start over again from scratch. We handed out the live rock to other enthusiasts, quickly rehomed the yellow tang and blue velvet damsel that survived against all odds, tore it all down and now it's collecting dust in our attic. One day I'm sure I'll set up something, maybe not on such a grand scale again, but I love it too much to never set up another tank.

You should totally do a tank! I normally advise people who've never had one before to start with at least 40 gallons (but the bigger the better) but you already have some experience with the animals and if you can figure out cps I'm sure you could do this if you go slow and careful. A small tank shouldn't cost much and I bet you'd love it.
    Jenn

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Money is the only limitation in that area.CP's can be done on a "shoestring budger", for the most part. I do miss the Centropyge angels and the Chaetedon butterflies and dragon wrasses and anglers and mandarins and gefilte.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12