What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everybody I am from Iowa and am an orchid enthusiast turned CP enthusiast. I have grown plants all my life, but this will be my first year with CP's. Thanks for looking.
Here are a few pics of my bog pots in October 2012
fall2012137_zpsbad1b1e5.jpg

fall2012139_zps4f2cee28.jpg

Here are some dews around the same time.
fall2012155_zps009f5802.jpg

fall2012154_zpsb4e7815b.jpg

Drosera adelae.
fall2012151_zps57b5573c.jpg

Drosera spatulata - Fraser Island.
fall2012150_zps9cb59a87.jpg

Drosera binata multifida 'extrema'-crown and various other Drosera including: 'albino' x aliciea, capensis-red, baby 'multifida', spatulata, spatulata 'tamlin'.
fall2012153_zps6600e135.jpg

Pinguicula primuliflora and Drosera spatulata-typical(purple flower) also there is a tiny Drosera capensis.
fall2012152_zps06408a15.jpg

Here is Pinguicula primuliflora and Drosera tokaiensis. In an experiment I "planted" segments of tokaiensis flower stalk in the top of the photo. (this quick experiment yielded half a dozen plants)
fall2012149_zps6cc5fac2.jpg

These little gems came as: Drosera communis var. breviscapa(2) and Drosera spatulata 'Tamlin'.(in the middle)
IMG_4626_zps40660ea6.jpg

This is my tent-greenhouse. The Nepenthes on the top shelf is X Miranda, then the dews and a few nep cuttings on the next shelf, and the bottom two shelves are all orchids.
Tent-house.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome!

Welcome! If you are already caring for orchids, you have a good start to generating conditions that a lot of CPs need!

awesome! i'm from CR and there's usually a gathering in the midwest once a year (near chicago or thereabouts). maybe we can get a gathering going in iowa now that there are 4 of us, or so :)

anyway, i'm sure we'll be able to hook you up with some dews ;)

good luck with the minibog. i want to try that too, in the near future.

awesome! i'm from CR and there's usually a gathering in the midwest once a year (near chicago or thereabouts). maybe we can get a gathering going in iowa now that there are 4 of us, or so :)

Really? Where I want to go!

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to Terraforums!

Welcome, I am one of the few hear from Iowa as well. Mostly growing sarracenia and some VFTs. I am near Ames

Welcome aboard.

Welcome Shortbus
We have a group in the Twin Cities, just got done with the Mn Landscape Arboretum show this last weekend, check us out if you get time; our group in the Upper Midwest Carnivorous Plant Society; check out our blog
Ed

Nice. I'm new to Terraforums and from Iowa as well. Anyone here in the midwest trying outdoor bog growing?

Did you graduate from the U of M School of Dentistry endodoc?

Hello everybody I am from Iowa and am an orchid enthusiast turned CP enthusiast. I have grown plants all my life, but this will be my first year with CP's. Thanks for looking.
Here are a few pics of my bog pots in October 2012
fall2012137_zpsbad1b1e5.jpg

fall2012139_zps4f2cee28.jpg

Here are some dews around the same time.
fall2012155_zps009f5802.jpg

fall2012154_zpsb4e7815b.jpg

Drosera adelae.
fall2012151_zps57b5573c.jpg

Drosera spatulata - Fraser Island.
fall2012150_zps9cb59a87.jpg

Drosera binata multifida 'extrema'-crown and various other Drosera including: 'albino' x aliciea, capensis-red, baby 'multifida', spatulata, spatulata 'tamlin'.
fall2012153_zps6600e135.jpg

Pinguicula primuliflora and Drosera spatulata-typical(purple flower) also there is a tiny Drosera capensis.
fall2012152_zps06408a15.jpg

Here is Pinguicula primuliflora and Drosera tokaiensis. In an experiment I "planted" segments of tokaiensis flower stalk in the top of the photo. (this quick experiment yielded half a dozen plants)
fall2012149_zps6cc5fac2.jpg

These little gems came as: Drosera communis var. breviscapa(2) and Drosera spatulata 'Tamlin'.(in the middle)
IMG_4626_zps40660ea6.jpg

This is my tent-greenhouse. The Nepenthes on the top shelf is X Miranda, then the dews and a few nep cuttings on the next shelf, and the bottom two shelves are all orchids.
Tent-house.jpg

Last edited:
Back