What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from southern California!

• Thread starter Pk93
  • Start date
Hello there! I'm just a cp newb from SOCAL >_<.... I have had a few CPs for 3-4 weeks now. I have a D. Spatulata (I think), a Pinguicula moctezumae, a typical vft, and I kinda sorta rushed into acquiring a heli (H. Minor) >_<. All but the heli were bought at big box stores in death cubes >_<. The vft and ping have recovered quite nicely, but the Drosera hasn't fully recovered quite yet (it had no dew on its leaves, and although it is sending out new leaves, they don't seem to have much, if any dew themselves).
Thanks for reading my rant >_<; I look forward to connecting with and learning from all of you on the forum!!:-D !

welcome! :wave:

Wow... Way to jump head first into the hobby (with a Heliamphora!). Do your homework on your plants, that's all I'll say, though good thing H. minor is one of the easier Heliamphora.
Welcome to the hobby! It will likely suck you in ;)

Thank you!..Lol, yeah I just couldn't resist >_<.. I did quite a bit of research on H. minor, it seems that it is much more tolerant of lower humidity and higher temperatures, no?.. on a side note, I have an old squat-pot that I used to grow some lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) in, I think I may just use this to make a little bog :D... darn, I'm already getting sucked into these >_<.. first it was plumeria, then orchids, and now CPs... Im gonna run out of room

Welcome to TF!

Thanks Jimscott!!

Back