Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grower from socal

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grower from socal

I have been in the hobby for a few months now. Like most I got a vft, and nepenthes from lowes and that started it all. Since then I have been reading like crazy and searching the forum trying to learn all I can.
    I love this community though. People in this hobby are very generious and that becomes addictive. It feels good to share not only information but the plants as well.

I think my next step is to take plants from the house to my patio. So now I am searching for sarracenia that can handle the SoCal weather and planning a small bog. We will see how it evolves....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hails, welcome to the forum. I started with a Lowe's nepenthes too. Would love to see a pic of yours. I'm still fairly new here but have also enjoyed my time here. I would think Sarracenias would do very well in your area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! I'm in Southern CA too... in San Diego county. Where are you at?
    Here I just keep all my my temperate plants (including sarrs and vfts) outdoors on my balcony year round, regardless of the weather. They flourish. .... so I don't see why you should have a problem.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ---- Albert Einstein
    Food is a important part of a balanced diet.
    My small grow list

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagirion View Post
    Hails, welcome to the forum. I started with a Lowe's nepenthes too. Would love to see a pic of yours. I'm still fairly new here but have also enjoyed my time here. I would think Sarracenias would do very well in your area.
    I have quite a few lowes plants. All seem to be doing well but I am ready for some upgraded stock

As requested!

Quote Originally Posted by potted_plants View Post
    Hi! I'm in Southern CA too... in San Diego county. Where are you at?
    Here I just keep all my my temperate plants (including sarrs and vfts) outdoors on my balcony year round, regardless of the weather. They flourish. .... so I don't see why you should have a problem.
    I live in the inland empire. So it's pretty dry and gets hot! But I would love to round up some Starr's and give it a go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are great. Sadly my first one died when I got sick last summer and couldn't care for my plants. Would love to trade you something for one. I think as long as you keep your sarrs wet they should be ok. I like the tray method and you can check the water in the tray daily. I may have a fairly big Sarr I can divide and trade for a nep if you're interested. But I need to check. I've never divided one before so I need to learn how.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will always entertain a trade. My trick was I got lowes to place a order so I knew the plants would be fresh. When the shipment came they called me and I went to take my pick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent you a PM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does anyone know what species this nepenthes is because i also bought this tropical pitcher plant from Lowe's but can't seem to figure out what species it is im new to TerraForums trynna get used to it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast