What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long Island guy

Hey guys, I'm more or less new to the world of carnivorous plants, but so far I am loving it. I'm going to be asking a ton of questions around here and I am looking forward to actually know what the hell I am doing lol.
I'm originally an animal person and a planted fish tank person, but I bought a Sar. one day and it has been doing well, so I figured why not try whatever I can get my hands on. Now I still have that Sar that has more than doubled in size in only a few months as well as a huge Nepenthes and a VFT that is flowering that I am honestly a little concerned about lol
Should be interesting as my interest in this hobby develops ;)

welcome to the addiction

Welcome to TerraForums :-D

Welcome! Where are you located in Long Island? I am in Brooklyn

Hello!

hybridherp. how controversial. ;)

Got to be a little bit. I love pure species and I defintly call for responsible hybridization, but one of the first animals that really drew me in was the Borneo Bat Eater, which is a burmxretic thing lol. And as far as fish, my first serious fish was a blood parrot, so hybrids have been with me for as long as I can remember. That and, I'm more or less a mutt myself lol

Welcome to TF! I grew up in Huntington.

Welcome to the forums! Hybrid animals are cool, as long as you know what you're doing (jungle corn snakes, for example), so you'll find plenty of people with your same interests.

Back