Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello There!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello There!

Hello I am now a member of this website and did not know about this site until last week when a member Scott told me about it and said " check it out? I did and wow!! a lot of good information here for me to find out about carnivorous plants.. The pictures are awesome some breath taken I am enjoying looking at them very much. The only carnivorous plants I had was a venus fly trap and I do have a sarracenia which for the first time has a flower on it and I know there will be seeds in that but do not know how to harvest them or how to start one from them? also my grandson gave me a 10 gallon fish tank and I sure would like to grow some in there? but do not know where to start and that is what I am hoping you all wil give me some help and since you have grow them I sure do hope to get some help here? Ok talked way to much but that is what seniors do right?? May have some words spell wrong but hope you can understand what I did type out? Remember first thing to go is our minds

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha. Yes, this forum is full of pretty pictures and helpful people. Welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WELCOME To Terraforums.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy Swampers! Welcome.
    If there is one thing I most heartily recommend for new members, it is to acquire a copy of Peter D'Amato's excellent book on CPs, The Savage Garden. You can't go wrong starting there. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will check at the library here to see if they got a copy of The Savage Garden! thank you all for welcoming me here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TerraForums And I second the remark about The Savage Garden, it's a great book. Another good read for learning to grow and maintain carnivorous plants is "Growing Carnivorous Plants" by Barry Rice. It has helped me out a ton and has some unbelievable pictures and information about CPs in their natural environment.

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, and don't let the "kids" here fool you. They really know their stuff and are a great help to everyone, new members and old members alike.
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome
    Your momma!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast