Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello :)

Hi Everyone I have had a profile here since September however, I hadn't gotten started into the group much due to various life events lol..but anyway, I attended my first NECPS meeting here in RI (USA) and met a ton of wonderful people, with tons of knowledge and CP experience and everyone there suggested I give this forum a try...so here I am! I found my love for CPS back in August when I attended the RI Carnivorous Plant Convention, and I walked out with my first 5 "carnivorous plants", and a month later, purchased my "Momma Miranda" aka Nepenthes Miranda! I was blessed to walk out of the NECPS meeting with a beautiful Nepenthes maxima tentena from Cthulhu138, as well as cute little NOID Nepenthes cutting! I love to learn about gardening in general, I'm really into CPs and "exotic/unique" flowers at this time, but I am constantly collecting/growing/trying new plants and seeds Look forward to getting to know you all, and also to learn from your extensive knowledge!

~Cremmy ("KAH-REM-EE") Not "Creamy" lmao, thanks!

Nepenthes Maxima Tentena from Cthulhu138 @ NECPS meeting 1/12/13 <3

Pink Sundew Sprouts from 9/20/12, awaiting to be potted up/thinned out taken 1/10/13

Same as above

Pride and Joy "Momma Miranda" Nepenthes, this was taken 9/23/12 when I purchased her...she's bigger now lmao!

Nepenthes Lantern Alata - xmas gift from a friend 12/21/12
    Check out my gardening journal and progress on MyFolia , my trade list at Google Docs and I look forward to learning and sharing plant knowledge!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again and welcome to TF again!

I found my love for CPS back in August when I attended the RI Carnivorous Plant Convention, and I walked out with my first 5 "carnivorous plants", and a month later, purchased my "Momma Miranda" aka Nepenthes Miranda!
    Did you mean the ICPS show? NECPS didn't have their normal CP show this year because they were hosting for ICPS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to a meeting i thought was for the NECPS on Saturday..and I don't remember who put on the convention, I just remember it as the RI Carnivorous Plant Convention that was in Seekonk, MA...sorry It may have been the ICPS that hosted it - by "CPS" I just meant carnivorous plants hehe, I heard of NECPS through that convention too
    Last edited by Cremmy18; 01-14-2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: added info/clarified
    Check out my gardening journal and progress on MyFolia , my trade list at Google Docs and I look forward to learning and sharing plant knowledge!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that was the ICPS show, but it was hosted by NECPS so it was kind of a joint thing, every year we have a show though, even if it might be a bit smaller.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Biozest - I thought the show was *fantastic*!! You guys did a wonderful job, it was my 1st convention for CPs and it has brought me much joy ever since! BTW - I just posted a ton of pics on the convention thread

@jimscott - Thank you very much! Adorable cat too