What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back after some time, re-introducing myself.

Hello everyone. I figured a re-introduction is in order, because I've been away from the forum for some time, and I'm a completely different person from when I joined in 2007. When I joined the forum I was a creationist, part of a church ministry, and just 14 years old. As I got a bit older I started to examine the world for myself, I took an interest in politics, I became an ally to the LGBTQ community. Eventually, I altogether abandoned faith in support of science and reason. I've contemplated whether I should share this publicly on the forum, because it might put me in bad-standing with other growers, but I've realized that it's more important to be true to myself in the public spehere than be concerned with what some people might think of me. I'm an ardent skeptic to any supernatural claims. It's a defining part of who I am, but not the whole of who I am. I'm a person, with thoughts, feelings, hopes, and dreams, not much different from the average believer. I'm a hopeless romantic. I like to read. I sing in the shower. :grin: Anyways, I'm hoping to become more active in the carnivorous plant community in the time to come, and I'd like to be able to forge new connections with other growers despite any differences we might have.

For the record, although I've been away from the forum for a while, I've been making new converts. Recently I turned a botany major onto growing carnivorous plants by giving her some sundews. :awesome:

Here's a recent picture of me.
408650_2691998875141_1570079491_n.jpg

silly religions :p

welcome back bro :)

Welcome back and go Evolution :banana2:

Hello, nice to know you :) welcome back.

Thanks guys, it's good to be back. Humans are tribal animals and this forum provides me with a sense of community to replace church potlucks, lol.

Welcome back. :)

Welcome back!

Hello and welcome! :-D

One of us, one of us.. gooble gobble, gooble gobble.

Back