What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from New Haven!

Hello All,

After a very long hiatus (I grew CPs on my windowsill as a kid and wanted to be a botanist... but somehow ended up teaching French for a living ???), I've rekindled my passion for carnivorous plants. I live in New Haven, CT and am lucky to have two very big, very sunny southwest-facing windows. So far, I'm growing a few nepenthes, pygmy sundews, and utricularia. The latter may not be the most awe-inspiring CP, but I'm absolutely enthralled by their diminutive size, diversity, and beautiful flowers. I'd love to connect with other utric-lovers and anyone growing anything on windowsills in conditions similar to mine here on the Connecticut shoreline.

Glad to have found this forum!

~Chris

Welcome to TF!

Hello and welcome !

You will find very good info here.

No forums have more experts !

Nice cat by the way :)

Welcome to TerraForums! You should be VERY glad you found this forum. It's full of first-hand experience and knowledge straight from fellow growers just like you and me!

Another person in New Haven! Welcome to TerraForums.

Nice cat by the way :)

Thanks! He's adorable, but also the ringleader of the local deforestation crew... thankfully he hasn't shown any interest in my CPs. Yet.

Thanks, all, for the warm welcome! :)

kahnli, can you I've been here for three years and have yet to make it to the Marsh Botanical Garden or the Edgerton Park Greenhouse :oops: I'll put those on my summer to-do list!

Welcome to the forums (and back to the addiction)!

Edgerton is a magical place

Back