User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from South London UK - Nepenthes owner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    hello Jack,nice to have another uk grower,flytraps do very well without a terrarium,the best place for them i find is outside for me in a cheapo plastic propagator or on a very sunny window sill,not using suitable water is the common way people kill them or in the wrong soil mix,have a look in the flytrap section on here lots of info,i do not grow n.alata myself but am pretty sure i read it likes it on the warmer side,to read humidity you can by a cheap digital thermometer and humidity gauge only 10-15 quid,am sure if you take your questions to the relevant sections of the forum you will get lots of good quality help enjoy and persevere
    Thanks, you convinced me, I just ordered a venus fly trap from Little Shop of Horrors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find plenty of resources here to help you out with your plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtSarracenia View Post
    Hello Jack! Welcome to the forums. I see you joined in December, but have not posted until now, glad you decided to.

I know your weather is quite a bit different from ours, but it sounds like your Nepenthes may not be getting enough humidity. A Nepenthes will grow well, produce new leaves and may even start to vine, but without the proper humidity will not produce pitchers. Do pitchers at least start to form? Is it growing in the same place it was last year or at least comparable conditions? My alata started putting out pitchers in February, when the temps we more steady in the 70's and humidity was only about 65%. What conditions (temp/humidity) is the Nepenthes in now?
    I finally got a reader and the temp is sitting nicely at 20 C (70s) and humidity is 65%+, so I'm guessing it must not be getting enough direct sunlight to produce pitchers?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12