What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from South Africa

Hi All

I'm based in South Africa (deep deep South). I am fairly new to nep cultivation. Started last year with some of the easier specimens and I am now looking to buy my first greenhouse to take the addiction to the next level. Nepenthes are becoming an addiction - love those damn plants.

looking forward to sharing my experiences (when there is something worth sharing :) ) and to learn from some of the masters out there.

Regards
Mike

ahhh welcome to the forum :) I am also a nepenthes addict and greatly anticipate your greenhouse and collection. Will you be growing Highlanders or Lowlanders?

cheers

Hi thanks for the warm welcome. I'm focusing on highlands for the moment. Conditions favour them more where I live.

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to TerraForums! I think your addiction already HAS progressed to the next level: you've come to the forums! Oh, also, you'll definitely get some expert opinions; just surf over to the Tropical Pitcher Plants (Nepenthes) thread.

Welcome to TF! There are several Nepenthes growers I know of that live in the South Africa region, some even actively on this forum! I'm sure they could help you out with some growing tips for your region ;) .

Welcome to TFs :)

Hi thanks for the warm welcome. I'm focusing on highlands for the moment. Conditions favour them more where I live.

Highlanders are definitely my favorite, lucky you have a suitable climate for them. makes it exponentially easier to keep em happy :D

have you researched much into the size or style of greenhouse you might be building?

Welcome to TF!

Back