Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello! :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't agree more with getting The Savage Garden. I got it along with my first couple of plants and I'm certainly glad I did. Also, just look around some of the posts on this website. You should be able to find details about every type of CP and methods for growing them. Bottom line is, there are tons of plants that do well indoors, especially if you've got a terrarium.
    Last edited by Iwest; 04-11-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sub-Tropical and tropical sundews do really well in terrariums, as well as Venus flytraps, and butterworts. these are all great beginner plants!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto to the Savage Garden. I'm fond of the "water tray method" myself and thats what I plan on doing. I look forward to seeing some pics of your setup!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF! I would start you off, as I have with co-workers that show an interest in CP's, with D. capensis and D. binata:

the big plants to the left are D. binata and the ones to the right are D. capensis. They are the easiest beginner plants and rather attractive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After you have a sense of what plants you'll want to acquire, I highly recommend the International Carnivorous Plant Society Grow Guides written by John Brittnacher. http://www.carnivorousplants.org/howto/ Use the menu on the left to navigate.

I started out wanting to be an archaeologist but switched at the last minute to studying plants .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, thank you all for the help and suggestions! This will certainly give me a great start.

Another question though, I'm hoping to start some closed terrariums soon as well. Will CPs do well in those or do they require open terrariums? Thanks again!
    Last edited by mummygirl; 04-14-2014 at 08:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started out wanting to be an archaeologist but switched at the last minute to studying plants .[/QUOTE]

It was certainly fun and fruitful during my 20s, but the traveling demands became too great for a stable lifestyle in my 30s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theplantman View Post
    After you have a sense of what plants you'll want to acquire, I highly recommend the International Carnivorous Plant Society Grow Guides written by John Brittnacher. http://www.carnivorousplants.org/howto/ Use the menu on the left to navigate.

I started out wanting to be an archaeologist but switched at the last minute to studying plants .
    It was certainly fun and fruitful during my 20s, but the traveling demands became too great for a stable lifestyle in my 30s.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast