Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Guess I Never Introduced Myself

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Thank you for that introduction, Sarah. Knowing that your experiences are filtered through autism puts your contributions to the group in a different context. I can't imagine the challenges you deal with. Welcome (finally!) to TF.
    Every day is a journey down the social rabbit hole. I'm like Alice, trying to get through Wonderland and having no idea why the people around me appear to be doing nutty or illogical things, which somehow make perfect sense to everyone else. Every conversation like talking to the Mad Hatter, with emotional outbursts from others appearing to me to have no obvious source. And more than half the time, those patient enough to try to explain it, aren't making sense. It's interesting, but it isn't fun.
    Come to me flies and crawling bugs. This plant wants to give you great big hugs
    Aren't I pretty, don't I smell good? I'd come to you if I could
    But I can't so you must come to me, I'm sure we will get along splendidly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zath View Post
    A quick google search will bring up many tests conducted showing a relationship between plants and ambient noise.

Some people think that the simple fact of your exhaling Co2 in their general direction makes a difference as well.
    I think my humidifier makes enough noise. Also, too much CO2 in plants can cause a sort of overgrowth of larger, but weaker and sickly leaves. Not that I think 1 person breathing on them could ever do that much damage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSarah View Post
    Every day is a journey down the social rabbit hole. I'm like Alice, trying to get through Wonderland and having no idea why the people around me appear to be doing nutty or illogical things, which somehow make perfect sense to everyone else. Every conversation like talking to the Mad Hatter, with emotional outbursts from others appearing to me to have no obvious source. And more than half the time, those patient enough to try to explain it, aren't making sense. It's interesting, but it isn't fun.
    Yup, that is the kind of experience I have witnessed some Asperger friends having when they were in their twenties; totally unfathomable behavior from everyone they met, and no idea how to navigate other people's conspicuous emotional presences. I can tell you, however, that as they got older things became much easier as they at least started to see patterns in people's behaviors, and learned how to not be upset by the emotions of others.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the neighborhood, Ma'am! I have a neighbor who told me once that she could not throw away a seed. I sometimes feel the same way. Shoot me a pm is you decide to get into aquatics and I will
    send you a few starters.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Hmmm, I thought you did do an introduction. I guess I was imagining things. Anyway, welcome (officially)
    LOL! I thought so, too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSarah View Post
    I know a thing or two about Autism. I have an Asperger's Syndrome son. He was finally officially diagnosed with A.S, as well ADD, and Anxiety Disorder. You're NOT psycho. You're just 'wired' a little differently, through no fault of your own. We've had at least 2 other forum members come through with Autism Spectrum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    I know a thing or two about Autism. I have an Asperger's Syndrome son. He was finally officially diagnosed with A.S, as well ADD, and Anxiety Disorder. You're NOT psycho. You're just 'wired' a little differently, through no fault of your own. We've had at least 2 other forum members come through with Autism Spectrum.
    Psycho Sarah is just the name I use for video games. Yeah, I have autism related anxiety and ADHD also, combined with face blindness (an inability to properly process faces well enough to recognize people by them to the extent that 98% of the human population can recognize faces better than me) and trichotillomania (compulsion to pull out my own hair, thankfully haven't done that for a while). Thankfully I only ever did that with my eyebrows and eyelashes, and not the hair on my head like most people with the condition do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that you are in college gives me some hope that my son, who is afraid to continue on, academically, can do so. He is also afraid to get a job. Are you commuting from home or living in a dorm, sharing a room?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast