What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from hot and muggy Florida

mindmaze

From the Tropics
Hello everyone,

My name is Joel, and I'm a CP enthusiast. :) I've been away from CP community for the last few years due to my job, but now that I have more free time, I'm starting over. I currently live in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, but I'm originally from Puerto Rico. My favorite CPs are Neps, but I like growing anything that looks interesting. I currently have 2 drosera capensis, a few drosera spatulata, and one Venus fly trap. I have an order for some nepenthes plants coming in soon though.

Nice to meet you all!

Joel

Welcome to TF!
I live in Tampa, FL. I'm also from, Puerto Rico. :) Welcome Back!

Welcome back! :wave:

Central Florida, eh? You should be able to grow all kinds of CPs outside, except for cold-temperates and highlanders. Lowlanders will probably need some minimal protection, but should do great!

Welcome to TF! I lived in Sanford for several years (a bit inland from you) but now I live in the cold and frozen North (Michigan).

Some days I miss FL, some days I don't.

Welcome. You've definitely found the right place to help get you back into the hobby. There's a lot of useful info and knowledgeable growers here. I'm looking forward to seeing your collection grow. :)

Welcome back to TF! Weren't you a Moderator?

Hey Jim,

I think I was, but I can t really remember that well, it's been so long. I'm happy to be back though. :)

welcome welcome, can't wait to see what your plants look like

Welcome, show us your pictures ;)

Welcome (back) to the forums! It sounds like you've already got a great collection going. :)

Back