Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Sydney!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Sydney!

Hi everyone, figure I might as well introduce myself. Was fascinated with CPs as a kid, had a VFT for a number of years. Picked up the bug again a few years back as an adult, at the moment I've got a small collection of Sarras, VFTs and Droserae outside year round plus a small greenhouse for Neps.

Looking forward to learning the finer points of growing CPs, especially the Neps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. .....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the hotel California!

Australia is a really unique area for carnivorous plants, I'm sure your collection is/will be quite impressive before too long.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF, Stranger. I can't help but ask - what kind of sundews do you grow?
    - Mark

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, Stranger! Can't wait to see your collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    Welcome to TF, Stranger. I can't help but ask - what kind of sundews do you grow?
    Hi Bluemax, I don't have anything really fancy at this stage, no pygmies or anything from the petiolaris complex.

I've mainly got D. capensis "Alba", D. nidiformis and what I think is D. spathulata (although my records show no mention of me ever buying that species). All of them have been relatively prolific though, I started with one of each, never did any pollination myself and now here's a pot with a few adult capensis (capensii? capenses? My Latin's rusty.) and most of the smaller seedlings I found in random places a few months ago.

When I put them all in there they were young enough that I couldn't tell what was what, but it's pretty obvious now. Still not sure what I'm going to do with it to be honest, but I foresee a nightmare if I put off repotting them for too long.

And here's a mixed pot that's been around for a couple of years now (back when I didn't have any real clue as to how large various plants could get). I don't ever recall planting nidiformis in it and for that matter I never planted VFTs so close to the edge either.

Also got some D. capensis "Red" and D. binata var. multifida seeds that germinated a few weeks ago, but there's nothing to really see yet.
    Last edited by Stranger; 01-05-2015 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Looks like a nice, healthy collection to me. Thank you for posting the photos!
    - Mark

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast