Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Michigan...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Michigan...

My name is Denise, I have just started collecting CP's.. a little while back Acro suggested I join here, he was very nice and sent me a few plant cuttings, which I am embarrassed to say.. I didn't do well with... sorry Acro... I have been lurking lately... so I figured I should say hi.. and introduce myself...

I went to a reptile show the other day and picked myself up a Valentines gift, I fell in love with it... this is what I got...

Last edited by dmina; 02-17-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice Valentine's gift to your self! It looks like you would just fit right in around these parts.

Welcome to TF, good growing.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. ...

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite! DragonsEye's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were at the Taylor show, yes? I recognize the terr you bought. heh
    "Blessed are the cracked….
    For they are the ones who let in the light."

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to TF!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes DragonsEye It was at the Taylor show... Were you a guest or dealer?

I just fell in love with it...

Thanks for the welcomes...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard.

I'm seeing a few major problems with your terrarium though. 2 of the 3 species of carnivorous plants you have are temperate and will need winter dormancies that will kill the other tropical plants growing in there. Not to mention that the Sarracenia will quickly outgrow that space if it survives long enough. That moss the designer chose is also a very bad choice for cp's.

I've seen little terrarium set ups like thing being sold before and the people making them go for esthetics rather than function. They add plants to them that look good at the moment without putting any thought into whether or not they will actually work in the terrarium together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    Welcome aboard.

I'm seeing a few major problems with your terrarium though. 2 of the 3 species of carnivorous plants you have are temperate and will need winter dormancies that will kill the other tropical plants growing in there. Not to mention that the Sarracenia will quickly outgrow that space if it survives long enough. That moss the designer chose is also a very bad choice for cp's.

I've seen little terrarium set ups like thing being sold before and the people making them go for esthetics rather than function. They add plants to them that look good at the moment without putting any thought into whether or not they will actually work in the terrarium together.
    Johnny beat me to it, that terrarium was definitely put together to entice an impulse buy. Welcome TF!
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast