Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from NJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from NJ

Hey all.

I'm Collin and I wanted to introduce myself here. I've been lurking for a while (there's a ton of information in this forum) and finally created a profile for the NASC benefit auction. I want to thank everyone involved; that auction was a ton of fun and a great way to get involved in the community.

I'm partial to Lentibulariaceae, especially Utricularia. I can blame a very specific greenhouse in central jersey for this; I walked in to buy a Meyer lemon tree and walked out with that and a fly trap. I then researched other carnivorous plants like crazy, purchased a bunch, and realized that utricularia were the ones for me. It's been downhill since. There have been a couple nights spent reading Taylor's monograph, I'm not proud.

I'm in the planning stages of building a cement planter specifically for utrics, look out for a post about it the following weekend.

That pretty much covers my introduction, let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to talking with you all.

Collin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Collin,
    Welcome to TF. Glad to see another Utric grower. That section of TF isn't exactly a high-traffic zone - LOL.

Which species do you grow?
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, Collin. Utrics kind of took me by stealth as well. I'm still not sure how it happened. 'Looks like you have collected a nice group from the auction!
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did manage to pick up some good plants, the NASC auction was great. I added blanchetii, cornigera, graminifolia, and livida to my collection. I also have some sandersonii and longifolia currently growing (and outside of utrics I have a p. juamavensis, d. capensis, a fly trap, a bunch of non-germinating seeds, and plenty of non-carnivores). It's tough to find places to buy utrics, these trades and auctions are awesome. What about you all, what are you growing?
    Last edited by collin; 04-25-2015 at 09:25 PM.

The Snake Charmer TongueFlicker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey collin welcome aboard!
    Neil

"With great power comes great electricity bill.."

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged