What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dr. FrankenSnyder has stepped in...

from Southern California. You all might know me from my famous work, Colchicine Treatment on Sterile Hybrid Sundews. That’s why they call me “Franken-Snyder”. I am still at it, although my monstrosity collection is much more modest these days.

Welcome! I think I saw you at the last LACPS meeting.

Come to what life is like among the savages? Welcome to TerraForums!

:welcome: Welcome Dr. Snyder! I grow several of your cultivars. 'Good stuff!

Last edited:
Welcome to TF! Ivan Snyder? D. snyderi?

Welcome

The real fun for me is creating new things. I am much more an experimenter than collector. I recently Colchicine treated an especially interesting sterile hybrid sundew. If and when I succeed in making it fertile I’ll announce it in the Sundew section of the forum.

Ivan!

I just signed up here. What a great and pleasant surprise to see you here.
(Hope you remember me from the listserv way back when...)

As it happens, I just posted a small note about your D. nagamotoi fertile octoploid here and there.
Is that still going?

Cheers,
Marcus

Hi Marcus, sadly I lost mine. Might be extinct. I got a plant labeled D nagamotoi not long ago; it turned out to be tokaiensis.

Hello frankensnyder I've read a lot about you highbread sundews could you post son pictures please

Hi Marcus, sadly I lost mine. Might be extinct. I got a plant labeled D nagamotoi not long ago; it turned out to be tokaiensis.

Oh no!
Now I'm really sorry that I had to give up my collection seven years ago, and thus contributed to its extinction. (The person who took my Drosera lost it as well, alas.)

Alright. I'll hunt it down. Just like I hunted down Slack's original S. cv. 'Lochness' back then. (That one took me five years.)
If someone still grows it, I'll find it. And if I fail, you'll just have to make another one! :)

Oh no!
Now I'm really sorry that I had to give up my collection seven years ago, and thus contributed to its extinction. (The person who took my Drosera lost it as well, alas.)

Alright. I'll hunt it down. Just like I hunted down Slack's original S. cv. 'Lochness' back then. (That one took me five years.)
If someone still grows it, I'll find it. And if I fail, you'll just have to make another one! :)

That would be a neat sequel: FrankenSnyder's monster rises again:)

Back